December 26th: Boxing Day (Redlyn)

Author's note: Today is actually boxing day, but only british people celebrate it in the UK. I don't quite understand the holiday but at least Ashlyn does lol.

After graduating Big Red and Ashlyn moved into a small apartment in New York. This year was the couples' first time being alone for the holidays.

Ashlyn's POV:

Big Red and I were walking down Times square when he stopped us in front of a gym.

"What are we doing here, Big Red?"

"We're going boxing at our local gym because its boxing day." Big Red said excitedly

I started to laugh uncontrollably at what my boyfriend had said. He thought that Boxing day was about the sport, boxing. Its actually a real holiday though.

I remember telling him a few days ago that my family used to celebrate Boxing Day when I was little because we lived in the UK for two years.

"I thought you said yesterday that you celebrate boxing day. Why are you laughing" Big red said looking confused?

"I meant the British holiday, silly. Not actual boxing." I replied before kissing his cheek.

"Oh, so what do you do on boxing day?" said Big Red.

"Well, there's a whole story behind it about British history and servants, but my family used to use the day as an extra excuse to spend time together. We didn't really follow any traditions. It was more about being with the people we love and giving back. We didn't listen to the history aspect of it." I replied while holding my boyfriend's hand.

"We could get Krispy Kreme donuts and Hot Coa Coa for the homeless and pass them out. That would make them happy." Big Red replied seeing the donut sign light up across the street.

"I like how you think, Red. You're so kind. Let's do it.  How about you buy the Donuts and I get the Hot Coa Coa?" I replied after kissing him on the lips.

***********

While Big Red and I were in line at the donut shop, he was looking at every Donut in the shop like a kid in a candy store.

"Too bad I'm lactose intolerant. They all look so sweet. What flavor should we get?" Big Red exclaimed while staring at the case full of donuts.

"What we're doing is so sweet and kind for the homeless people of New York. It's the thought that matters, not the donut flavor. I say we just get traditional glaze." I replied while holding his hand.

"That's true. You're so sweet too." Big Red replied as he kissed me on the lips making me blush.

"Umm excuse me, sorry to interrupt your moment but... What would you like to order?" I heard someone say in front of us, making me blush a bright red color.

**********

*An Hour Later*

Big Red's POV:

After Ashlyn and I handed out the last few donuts we walked down the street towards our apartment complex that was right outside of Times Square.

I noticed that Ashlyn was shivering and decided to wrap my scarf around her neck after kissing her cheek.  We continued to walk back to our apartment in silence.

"I'm glad we got to give back to our community together. I can't wait till you understand what boxing day truly means next year, Red." Åshlyn said while holding onto my hand.

"Even though, we didn't get to go boxing. I'm glad that we got to spend time together and give back to the community too." I replied while handing my scarf to Ashlyn.

When we got back to our apartment, we both sat on our small couch and relaxed. I decided that it was time to give Ashlyn her surprise.

"I thought that you deserved something because you're just as sweet as those donuts. Sorry I'm horrible at puns." I pulled out a small bag with one glazed donut in it from my backpack.

"Aww. Big Red, you're so sweet. Thank you. I'm starving after all that walking." Ash replied while taking a bite of the donut.

"Ash, could I have a small bite? I'm starving too" I said to her as I stared at the yummy donut.

"My donut. You're going to get sick if you eat a bite." Ashlyn

"Just one taste." I begged.

"Nope. Mine." Ashlyn replied while eating the donut and making me pout for the rest of the night.

Unfortunately, I spent the rest of the night in the bathroom because I stole a tiny bite of the donut. It was not lovely. Even though, Ashlyn warned me before eating that donut.

"Oh Big Red. It's going to be okay. At least you learned what Boxing day is." Ashlyn said as she went to the Kitchen to get me some medicine.