Epilogue

"Acecia," my mum yawns as she enters my room with her nighties on, "what time did you wake up?"

"I can't remember," I shrug, slipping my feet into some heels, "I don't even think I slept. The girls and I have been doing last minute checks and stuff. It's going to be perfect."

"You're already ready?" her jaw hangs open, "how are you ready so early?"

"Mum! It's my best friends big day," I exclaim throwing all my stuff in a bag and then grabbing a purse. "Do I have everything?" I wonder out loud.

My mum yanks my barrel bag open and peers inside, "why are you taking your toothbrush and things?"

"I'm staying at Mason's tonight," I reply quickly before scanning my room again to make sure I have everything. I knew I should have stayed at Zahlee's place yesterday. It would have saved all this running around.

"No you're not," she deadpans and I roll my eyes.

"Mum, will you relax, it's just Mason. Need I remind you I spent months living with him already," I smirk and she narrows her eyes.

"Is Ryan staying there too?"

"What's that got to do with anything?" I exclaim feeling my cheeks heat up. She raises her eyebrow but says nothing. Glancing around my room once more, I look in the mirror, and pick up my bags. "Well if I've forgotten anything, I'll just come back for it."

Speeding out the door, I don't bother with my breakfast but I have to stop when my mum calls me again from the stairs,
"hold on a minute! Who's dropping you off? Caleb is still sleeping."

"Ryan's waiting for me outside," I let her know as I slip on my long coat, covering my dress and bare legs. I want Ryan to be surprised when he sees me at the church.

"Is he now?" she smirks and I stop at the door.

"Why do you keep doing that?" I ask in annoyance. Every time I mention Ryan she plasters an annoying look on her face that I really don't understand.

"To think, you ran away from home so you wouldn't have to be with him and now..." she teases. I face-palm and roll my eyes,

"Are you ever going to let that go?"

"Nope, never," she smiles proudly and I groan. "Mommy knows best," she sings.

"Oh God, I'm running away again," I joke as I close the door and run down to the car, "see you at the venue."

Ryan is leaning on his car typing away on his phone, and when he sees me approaching he opens the passenger side door for me to get in. When he sits in the car, having put all my stuff in the boot, he gives me the once over and shoots me a questioning look,
"You're looking lovely but what's with the coat?"

"I look lovely even though you can't see what I'm wearing?" I question amusedly.

"I meant your makeup," he clarifies, entwining his fingers with mine as he drives off.