Chapter 23

Moonbyul's P.O.V

"Byul-ah."

I opened my eyes and saw Krystal hovering on top of me. Her eyes forming a cute little moon shape whilst her long fingers tickling me on the process.

"Krystal, stop it please."

I lightly shove her by pushing her shoulders. She dropped her smile and I know I should feel guilty but I could'nt. I'm just tired.

I sat down on the couch and chugged a bottle of water to ease my thirst.

"For how long do you plan on keeping her?"

I looked at Krystal and I know that I could'nt make myself answer that. I know I wouldn't risk to answer especially now that I'm confused. I honestly wanted to stay away from Yongsun but I can't. I just can't.

Krystal let out a sigh and I turn my eyes away from her. "Moonbyul. I know you wanted her. But I don't think that she will be good for you especially right now. You know what I mean, right?"

"I know."

"Let her go back to her husband. You know that's the right thing to do."

"Fuck yeah." I let out a sarcastic laugh. Thinking about Eric just put me on a bad mood. That fucker. Manipulative shit.

"Why don't you try to love me instead?"

I looked at her, my eyes widened with her suggestion. Krystal is indeed beautiful but I never thought of her being mine. She's like a goddess and her saying these things to me makes my heart flutter for no reason. Nevertheless, I can never fathom being in a relationship with another woman after what happened in past. It just doesn't sit right with me. 

What if I tried to forget Yongsun by letting Krystal in my life? Will it give me the satisfaction that I need? Will it fix everything? Will it make the pain go away? Will I never feel this emptiness again?

I shook my head as I tried to get these thoughts out of my head. Using another person just to forget her is just something I cannot do. I know that it will just lead to more pain and sufferings. I felt like I am trapped and all I want to do is to run away. Yongsun is a person from my past. I should have never let her in my life now that we are in the present. I should have never played with the game of fate.

"Krystal, I know why you are doing this. I know that you just wanted to make everything right but we will never go back to our world as before. Eric has made everything complicated from the start and playing with his game will just make everyone of us suffer."

She looked at me, her mouth wide open, confusion is reflecting on her deep brown eyes. "What? H-how?"

"Remember the times that we all four play together and grew together. The four of us has been with each other since the very beginning, but due to the selfish things that Eric did, we are here stuck on this timeline, trying to make everything alright. Trying to correct the space and time that has been manipulated. We can't fix things now, Krystal. I tried everything that I could to make everything right. I tried several times, but in the end, we just ended up being stuck on the same space and time. Over and over, feeling the same pain everyday."

"What? You mean.."

I took a deep breath, standing up, facing her and with a sad small smile, I replied. "You just can't go back in the past to try to fix this, Krystal. You know well how our stories will end. And yes, I came back from the future. Just like you are."