~preperation~

A week had passed since Beomgyu had asked Taehyun out and finally, the day was upon them. The fact that they had to wait for so long due to conflicting schedules made the two extremely restless. It was excruciating. They still saw each other at school, and, of course, acted closer. Kai now switched spots with Beomgyu at lunch (more like forced the older to switch), allowing him and Taehyun to sit next to each other. The artist would often slip his hand into the younger's, grinning every time the boy's face heated up. This, of course, normally ended in a light slap across Beomgyu's shoulder but he didn't care much, his smile never faltering. But they hadn't gone out yet and that was what they both yearned to do.

Now that the date rested, daunting, in a few hours, Beomgyu couldn't help but slowly have a mental breakdown. Yes, he planned the date, but it didn't mean he wasn't nervous. He was shaking as he began to get ready but as soon as he saw his outfit he had dawned he immediately shook his head, rather disappointed. How come his lovely fashion sense disappeared when he needed it the most? Why couldn't he get this stupid outfit right?

Of course, desperate times called for desperate measures, so he called the best fashionista he knew.

"Hyung, I need your help."

"Of course you do~ I left my house five minutes ago. I'm not letting you get ready for your first date alone!"

"I- I hate you."

"Love you too, Gyu~ see you in three!"

The boy smiled, shaking his head, and quickly hung up the call, before shooting a glare at his closet. The evil thing. Shrugging and deciding Yeonjun would take a little, the boy walked towards his bathroom and put on a little bit of makeup. Not too much, just enough to cover the slightly dark rings around his eyes due to the terrible life of a high school student and the blemishes that occur thereafter. He did a base of eyeshadow, a shade darker than his skin color, and added a very thin line of eyeliner, almost invisible, just enough to outline his lids. He threw on a little bit of mascara to bring out his lashes and, realizing he forgot highlighter, brushed the shimmering glimmer across his face in two swift motions.

He had always liked makeup, considering it was just another form of art. He wouldn't wear it much and never wore a lot but if Yeonjun ever needed a brush-up, the artist was the first one he would call. Lately, Beomgyu has begun to wear it a bit more. Not necessarily because he's insecure but more that he wants to show Taehyun his best self, and sometimes that meant a dab of concealer here and a streak of eyeliner there.

Right, when he placed the mascara brush down, he heard his door slam open and he chuckled, shaking his head once more. He never should've given Yeonjun a key.

"I appreciate how enthusiastic you are!" He yelled from the bathroom, "but don't knock a fucking hole in the wall in the process!"

"Don't be dramatic, it wasn't that hard!"

"I beg to differ."

"Anyways, let me see your closet!"

"Wait, a second, I need-"

"Beomgyu!" his best friend gasped, interrupting his friend. "You should know beauty waits for no man! I'm, going to make you so good that Taehyun will dro-"

"Hyung!" Beomgyu yelped, shooting out of the bathroom to slap a hand onto the older's mouth. "Don't say anything dirty or so help me I will murder you." Yeonjun just grinned and winked at the boy before licking his hand. The artist frowned, slowly retracting his hand from the older's mouth and glaring at him, then his hand as if it was a mutation he needed to cut off.

"That was disgusting."

"I've done worse."

"Fair point."