~epilogue~

~Five years later~

"Taehyun-ah! Come on, we are going to be late!"

"Babe, give me like five seconds, this outfit is way too casual!"

"Hon, we will be walking around, keep it," Beomgyu chuckled back, moving his head to look at the younger who still stood in their bedroom, glaring at his reflection. "Plus you look fucking gorgeous, so get your ass moving."

"Yes sir!" The now blonde mocked, sticking his tongue out at his boyfriend before running to him and intertwining their fingers.

"You ready?"

"Absolutely."

With that, The pair walked out of their shared dorm, quickly exiting the building and walking towards Beomgyu's car. As seniors in college, the two rarely had time to go on dates and hang out outside of studies, so any date night was a treat to them and they couldn't help but leap at the idea of finally being alone. The older glanced over at his boyfriend, a soft smile decorating his lips before pulling him harder and basically sprinting towards the vehicle. He couldn't wait to start the night. His heart couldn't handle it much longer.

The couple piled into the black Mustang, a gift from the artist's parents when he made it off to college with a full scholarship, and Beomgyu immediately shifted it into drive before pulling out of the student parking garage. They sat in comfortable silence, one of the elder's hands on the wheel, the other clutching Taehyun's, while soft music played in the background. It seemed like just another date night to the younger but to Beomgyu, it was so so much more.

The artist first took them to a simple restaurant, grabbing a quick meal before rushing back into the car and continuing on their journey.

"Hyung, where are we even going?" Taehyun asked, his eyes dancing in excitement. It seemed as if both of them glowed so much brighter by each other's sides. Beomgyu smirked and winked at the younger before focusing his gaze back on the road.

"You'll see~"

"Aish! Hyung," the boy whined, slapping the older's shoulder gently.

"Did you really think this time would be any different?"

"It wouldn't hurt to try!"

"Right," Gyu chuckled, "cause I totally tell you where we are going if you ask nicely."

"Fuck off."

"Ouch, my heart."

Their banter continued for a while before they fell into simple, comfortable conversation, the drive taking a bit longer than their usual date nights.

"Wasn't Soobin and Yeonjun's wedding so beautiful last weekend?" Taehyun sighed dreamily, looking at the pictures that had finally been shared with them once they were edited.

"Of course it was, have you met them? Anything short of perfection would have been unacceptable."

"Where did they go on their honeymoon again?"

"Uh, Germany I think?"

"Riiight. And what did you think about Kai's date?"

"Oh, y/n? I thought they were sweet," Beomgyu chuckled, shaking his head. "But goodness Kai acted so nervously the whole night I had to restrain myself from teasing him."

"You already embarrassed him so much that night!"

"Listen, he did half of that to himself."

"You laughed!"

"Why wouldn't I laugh? He literally tripped walking down the aisle for the groomsman, ran into a wall at some point, and knocked over the extra cake!"