~milkshakes~

a/n: congrats~ You guys chose the least painful path for me and you lol... anywhooo back to the story uwu

Beomgyu grinned as he pulled into the parking lot, his body buzzing with excitement at the thought of getting his hands on the best milkshakes in the city. He basically flew out of his vehicle as soon as he switched the ignition off, his energy from finishing the mural and the anticipation of getting a treat being put forth in every step.

The boy reached for his phone and quickly sent a text to Yeonjun that he was here before walking into the small shop. The diner was cozy and quiet, the low buzz of R&B music filling the holes of silence that would come every once in a while. The vintage-themed counter with led lights lining its exterior radiated an old 90's vibe, the neon signs and striped leather booths only furthering that feeling. 

Beomgyu and his friends had loved this place ever since they discovered it. It was an older diner, slightly run-down, and yet its reputation held an aura of respect around the city and especially the student body, becoming a common place for students to come and hang out or study. Not to mention, once again, that it had the best milkshakes in the whole entire city.

"Beomgyu-ssi!" A cheerful voice sounded from behind the counter. The artist grinned and glided towards the bar, sliding into one of the stools that stood before it as he waved to the male.

"Hi, Heeseung-ah," the older giggled. "And how many times do I have to tell you to call me hyung?"

The boy across the table smiled sheepishly, throwing the towel he previously held in his hand onto his shoulder and scratching the back of his neck. "Sorry, hyung. Anyways, what would you like?"

"Uhh..." Beomgyu remained silent, staring up at the menu, silently sending Heeseung the message that he would let him now. However, after a few minutes of the younger waiting for his hyung to order and the artist just sitting there stone-still, it finally dawned on him that Beomgyu was very much not looking at the menu. 

"Hyung," Heeseung called, snapping his fingers in front of the older's face, bringing the boy back into reality.

"Oh- sorry, yes?"

"Are... you going to... order?"

"Oh," Beomgyu murmured, an embarrassed flush coloring his cheeks, "I'm meeting with my friends, actually, so I'll just wait."

"Okay, hyung," the boy chuckled before being called over to take another customer's order. Beomgyu remained in his seat until a rather loud voice, accompanied by the ding of the bell signaled that his friends had entered the premises. When Beomgyu shifted to glance at them he froze. Idiot. He forgot that joining them with "Kai and Taehyun" meant actually... seeing... Taehyun.

Beomgyu immediately swiveled back around, waving Heeseung over quickly as to give him a few extra seconds of peace before his friends surrounded him. As he waved the server over, he felt the sticky notes crinkle in his jacket pocket. The sticky notes that would end everything. The stupid piece of paper held so much power, it felt as if the one ring was resting at his side, testing him to give in and give Taehyun the note, in return possibly ruining everything. No, he thought, I have to wait for tomorrow.

"What would you like, hyung?" Heeseung's happy voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Ah- just a chocolate milkshake please.."

"Is that all-"

"And some fries." The younger chuckled and nodded, writing something down on his notepad before moving to clip the paper onto the board, signaling to the kitchen staff that a batch of fries was needed, before moving to gather the ingredients for the shake and taking his place back in front of the artist. As the boy made the milkshake, he glanced between Beomgyu and his friends, his eyes narrowed.