Part 10

Coras POV.

when we got back we found Brenda and Tommy in a kitchen type of area with a pot and some packets of food laying all around the floor, i guess this is why Tommy wasnt assigned to be a cook in the Glade. i smiled to myself about the thought of what Frypan would do to Tommy if he did this in his Kitchen.

"Whats cooking good looking" Minho called to Tommy as he grabbed his hips from behind, Tommy jumped and turned around to see a smirking Minho, i covered my mouth and looked down as Newt just laughed at his reaction.

"Ah tommy your way to easy" Minho said pushing off his Hips, i moved my hand away form my face and push tommy out of the way and looked at what Brenda was attempting to cook, it looked like spaghetti. i tapped her shoulder as she looked over to me for a second just incase the bubbles reached the top of the pot.

"Brenda ill do it if you want" she nodded and passed me the stirring spoon, i turned the temprature down a bit before i stirred the spaghetti a bit and left it, i turned back to look at them raising my eyebrows.

"serious? None of you can cook?" i laughed they all looked ashamed, i turned back to the pot as i heard them all set up some chairs and a box to make do as a table, Brenda went and woke Jorge up when i said it would only be 5 more minutes until i had finished.

i felt arms wrap around my torso, i glanced over my shoulder to see Newt leaving kisses all along the back of my shoulder blade. i smiled as i stirred the contents in the Pot one last time before i moved.

"Newt can you pass me everyones Bowls please" he leaned off me as he grabbed 6 bowls, i served a bowl of spaghetti for everyone having a bit of left overs in the pot for anyone that wanted more.

"looks...bare" i spoke as Me and Newt placed them in front of everyone on the Box. i looked in a box that was placed in the kitchen i opened it and found a tin of tomato sauce kind of substance. i smiled and shook it placing it on the table everyone seemed to smile and share it around.

"its an improvement" Jorge spoke, i laughed before glaring him dead in the eyes.

"what you said so yourself that it looked bare, it just looks better like this" i rolled my eyes and speared some of the spaghetti with my fork, Everyone was digging in and all you could hear was the clanging on the forks against the bowl other wise it would've been dead silent.

"Jorge, your obviously older than us...tell us what the world was like before the flare" i mumbled he laughed as he wipped his face from any sauce that could've been on it.

"ill tell you, it seemed like a concrete Jungle where we are now...but in some places they were left with so many Trees and the Wild life it was every where, they sounds they could make it was like a paradise but that was some places. other places like the concrete jungles all you could hear was the sound of Cars and traffic...its changed a lot" he mumbled the last part out, i looked down and nodded.

"was the scorch a concrete jungle?" Tommy asked with a mouth full of spaghetti, Minho laughed but went silent when Jorge placed his fork down again.

"it was one of many,  one of Too many. i reckon the world is better with open plains of field, they say the world was like this ages ago before Humans came and Destroyed it. People have theories that the world was just correcting it self." i looked at Newt and Tommy they seemed hooked on what ever was coming out of Jorges mouth.

"Jorge, did you have a family?" Newt asked, starring at him as if this answer could kill him.

"i did, a long time ago, before you were born. over 20 years ago" he looked down, i furrowed my eyebrows hearing this, i didnt want to know what happened but i already had a plain vision in my head.

"sorry" i mumbled, he patted my shoulder before lifting my chin up to look at him.

"it doesnt matter anymore Muchachos, Brenda and you are all my Family...even the little one. actually i had 2 daughters just like you and Brenda, strong and brave, they'd play in our family fields all day but sadly one of those days was when the flares happened" i took a breath and looked at brenda, she had glossy eyes.

Jorge got up and placed his Bowl in the sink, he left in quite a hurry to, i went to go after him but brenda held my Wrist.

"dont..he. he shouldnt be seen like that" i looked down and placed my Bowl in the sink, The boys got seconds as Brenda helped me clean up. i felt bad so i kept to myself, though i didnt do anything the fact that me and Brenda remind him of his kids daily upsets me.

"Cora, its fine...Jorge isnt that weak of an old man" she spoke while putting her hair up so it wouldnt go into the water. i nodded and continued Drying everything she passed me.

After a while Jorge came out to see the boys asleep on the box while they were playing Cards and Brenda and i sitting on the sink bench talking and lauhging.

"Were going to get going so we can be there when the sun rises" he spoke we nodded, we woke the boys up and they all grogly walked to one of the bedrooms, Newt was dead tired to i gave him a piggyback to the furthest room.

i back up to the Bed and slide Newt on to the bed and tuck him into the bed, i walk around the other side of the Bed and roll on my eyes slowly shutting.

****

hi....CHALLENGE OF THE DAY COMPLIMENT SOMEONE, Ill go first.

You look beutiful while reading, the way your eyes scan over the words is like the way the sun dances over water... Memorizing. 

your turn! EVERYONE COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER!