Move-In Day

Hongjoong took a deep breath and headed towards the dorm and pulled out his key card, scanning it at the door. Thankfully move in day hadn't been as busy as last year. As a freshman, he'd had to deal with the hundreds of other newbies piling in at the same time but now that he was an RA he moved in two weeks before everyone else for training.

He was really looking forward to his new campus job as he felt he was a natural leader and remembered how much he appreciated the help of his RA's last year. He wanted to be the person his floormates could come to when they needed help. He nodded assertively, his eyebrows locking together. He would be a great RA.

He reached the third floor and walked down to the end of his hall to his single room. It was both a positive and a negative to have his own dorm room this year. He wouldn't have to deal with a bad roommate like last year but he was pretty social by nature and kind of wished he could have a little company.

But he already knew a few people from last year so he figured he would be alright. Plus the freshmen would be coming to his door almost daily so he'd have plenty of new people to talk to.

He pulled out his keys and unlocked the door, setting his box on the desk by the window. His view was much better than last year. Before his room sat right next to another dorm building so he could see right into his next door neighbors' windows. Not only that, but they could surely see into his.

This time he was facing the lake front, the prettiest part of campus. He used to walk along the water last year when he needed a study break, and then pick up his work on the bench by the patch of water lilies. Now he wouldn't have to cross all of campus to get there.

As he started to unpack his mountain of bins he started thinking about the other RA. He didn't receive any information about him yet as the campus wanted people's first impressions to be authentic (whatever that meant) so he hoped it would be someone cool. He was sure it had to be someone nice if they wanted to be an RA. After all, it takes a lot of patience and understanding to want to live surrounded by wild and reckless freshmen.

He figured they'd probably move in today too so he'd get a chance to meet them soon. There hadn't been anyone in the hall when he brought his stuff up so he assumed they were coming later. He'd have to walk over to the other side to check once he finished unpacking.

As he started making his bed his mind began to wander further. Would the other RA be a guy or a girl? He didn't have a problem with either but, if he was being honest, he would prefer a guy. Hongjoong was beyond gay, and honestly, pretty horny.

He had only ever had one boyfriend and they only dated for a few months. He'd messaged with a few guys on dating apps and also had developed many crushes on guys on campus but nothing seemed to work out in his favor.

Of course, he wasn't so desperate that he'd just date any guy on the face of the earth. They had to at least be a good person. Okay maybe he was a bit too desperate. It didn't help that he'd spent his entire summer working 12-hour shifts at the record store in town.

It was about time he got some.

Hongjoong blushed at his own thoughts.

"I really need to get a life," he muttered aloud, placing the final pillow on his bed.

After hanging up the rest of his many clothes (in a huge closet, which was a definite bonus of having a single room), he had pretty much finished setting everything up. He laid on the newly-made bed, exhausted.

As he stared up at the ceiling he heard a thunk in the hallways and turned his head. It was probably the other RA moving in! He slipped on his white vans and walked over to the mirror to check his appearance before walking out into the hallway.

Where he froze immediately.

The new RA had dropped his box he was carrying and was picking up the spilled clothes one by one but Hongjoong made no move to help him. He hadn't expected that his co-partner would be him. How did he get so unlucky?

The other RA finally finished placing the clothes back in the box—after painstakingly refolding each and every item—and stood up, making direct eye contact with Hongjoong.

"Hongjoong?" he asked, his voice laced with disgust.

"Hi Seonghwa."