Reader X Bakugou (BNHA)

Heya... been a while huh?
Srry I haven't posted in a bit, everything's been kinda crazy recently and... I didn't have the beefy or will to really do anything.
I'll try to post more, if I don't... sorry.
578 words.
————————
Soulmate AU: none
Extra: none
————————

Readers POV

         "You used to be... happy." He spoke, his head was down, covered in shadow.

         Looking at him you noted that his clothes were slightly tattered, ripped and shredded just a bit. He had short spiky blonde hair covered in slight soot, from what you had no idea. His clothes were a plain black tank top and some sweatpants.

         "Me? Shocker, in all that I can remember I've never once been happy." You spoke, looking at him closely, not sure if you should be afraid of him.

         His body shook and there were sounds of sobs coming from the blonde. Something in you urged, burning, pleading for you to comfort him. To take him in your arms, promising him you'd never leave, that he was okay, that you were here. But you knew better. The world is strange and very very cruel. This man, this oddly familiar man, could kill you.

         "Your... your smile... who took your fucking smile!?" He screamed, raising his head and glaring into your eyes in a sudden rush of anger.

         You flinched back, eyes closing in instinct as you cursing at the fact you were stuck in a bed. But when you opened your eyes you were surprised at the sight of his face. There in front of you were two vibrant, screaming, red eyes rushing with tears. They were breath taking, the tears that flow out giving them a shine you'd never think to exist.

         "It's funny really, in all the time I can remember, I've never been asked why I don't smile, why I can't." You paused, thinking over your words. Thinking over the choice to tell a stranger, an oddly familiar stranger, something so personal. "Sometimes... it's hard to keep it when everything is crushing you down harder and harder each time." You finally spoke. You looked into his eyes with soft, almost broken, eyes.

         And as you did, he ran his eyes over you like he had done when he first saw you that day, taking in everything that had changed. The hospital gown, the wires and hooks connected to your body sustaining you, the bruises, the cuts, the eye bags, the overly skinny everything that screamed you hadn't eaten in forever. Everything that he didn't recognize but was definitely still a part of you.

         Everything that he found pushed his heart deeper and deeper down his throat, making him want to choke and cry. "(Y/n)... I'm sorry..." his voice shook, quivering and soft as more and more tears slid down his cheek beautifully. "I couldn't save you... and n-now... I- I am so sorry (Y/n)" he called out, a hand covering his mouth as he cried.

         Not because he wanted to, not because he was sad, not because he couldn't save you. No, no he cried because his failure caused you pain. Because you were hurt. Because you... you could never be the same now. And that was all on him.

         "W-was that my name? (Y/n)... is that... my name?" Your voice was soft, dripping in confusion and frustration.

         And finally it got to his thick skull, right then and there that you didn't even know who he was.