Reader X Sanji (One Piece)

Yo yo, my dudes!! It's been a bit, huh?

(I can't tell if the pic above is like... Bill Cypher, Sanji, or a mix of the two......)

So, recently, I've been watching One Piece and I'm like at the jail area where Luffy is trying to break out Ace. So, I'm like.... bored.... and I wrote a thing.... so I'm sharing it. Plz don't spoil anything in the show for me!!!
Good luck.
Pre-time skip.
Feels man. The feels.

——————
Soulmate AU: everyone has one of their five senses missing and the missing sense will return when one meets their soulmate.
Extra: reader doesn't have the sense of touch.
——————

Everyone was born without a sense, be it hearing, sight, taste, smell, or touch. Now some were a bit rarer than the others and others were common.

Especially touch, almost no one was born without the ability to feel, the ability to have the comfort of someone's warmth. And with losing their touch, sometimes they could lose emotions. But then again, it was rare, only 1 out of 100,000 lost touch. Missing taste or smell was very common, almost everyone ended up missing one of these as it was 1 out of 10.

Even then, almost no one cared about the loss because it would eventually and ultimately lead them to their love. To their one and only. To their soulmate.

SKIP
You stood, a bumbling, buzzing, happy 4 year old child, unfortunate to be born without touch. You stood among many adults, most taller than you and all looking rich.

Your eyes darting from place to place, never settling anywhere for long before darting off once more. A large hand was placed on top your head, and with confusion swirling in your innocent (e/c) eyes you looked up. There was your mother, a beautiful women who was obviously very rich. She had the same (h/c) hair as you but you had gotten the (h/t) from your father.

She gave a pained smile to you, crouching down to meet your gaze. She didn't say anything before pulling you in swiftly, head now pressed to her chest and her face in the crook of you neck she started to cry into your shoulder softly. No words were exchanged, no love, no comfort. "I'm sorry!" She whispered as she cried.

And when you were ripped from her arms forcefully, you watched as she got further away. You watched when she crumpled to the ground helplessly.  And even when she screamed out painfully, your eyes could only hold confusion and pure, untainted, innocence.

SKIP
You sat in a large room, face muddied with dirt and grime. It was obvious you weren't the same age, now looking to be 9 or 10. You sat with your skinny legs to your chest, left hand holding your left knee as your right hand scribbled in the dirt softly. You still wore what you had the day you separated from mother, a simple black shirt that was a bit to big for you and some shorts. The clothes were ripped and torn, covered in mud, dirt, and what seemed to be blood.

A loud slam rang throughout the room, your eyes darting up to the single metal door in the room. It was opened and a man stood there, looking down at you with disgust.

"Time to go. Get up, brat." He spoke coldly, voice gruff and filled with hatred towards you.

You went to get up, but your legs were weak from malnutrition and you dropped to the ground, gaining bruises that you couldn't feel.

He gave a loud grumble of displeasure and walked over, gripping your thin wrist and yanking you up forcefully. You winced, not from the pain that you couldn't feel, but from the look in his eyes. He looked crazy, menacing even. He was mad. And as you were thrown back to the ground forcefully he spoke once more, "let's try it again, bitch. Get. Up. Now." He commanded cruelly, not giving you even a second before he screamed out once more. "I SAID GET UP" he threw his foot into your side, sending you to the other side of the room.