Chapter 1 : Introduction

"I can get it if I go now. Bye, mom!"

I'm Lily Summer. Just a weird girl who likes to
sing and waste time on nothing.

My mom is an editor in some publishing office here in town. Busy as hell. She'd go to her actual office twice a week. The rest of it is just work from home thingy. She will stay in her room from when the sun rises till it says goodbye, unless she realizes she's starving.
And my father.. He died a month ago. Car accident. Our car was hit by a truck and the driver was a dickhead for running away. The cops found him eventually, but nothing could bring my father back. I was with him in the passenger seat. Got a few bruises drawn on my arms and face. But nothing too serious.

I blamed myself for quite some time for the accident. I thought maybe I shouldn't have let him drive. Maybe we could walk instead. Or maybe we shouldn't have gone anywhere in the first place. I guess it's just natural for me to have felt that way because there's this part of me that feels guilty for a fact that we were together at that time. In the same place, the same accident, but I was the only one who made it.

I'm sitting on a bus. Gasping for air because I was just running from my house to catch it since I almost got late. I rest my head. It needs 15 minutes until I arrive at my lovely school. So I choose to close my eyes and rest for a while.

I did fall asleep, but I can feel someone's tap on my shoulder, waking me up. I open my eyes slowly, and in front of me is a guy, probably around my age, standing, looking at me. I'm looking back, confused. Until I realize he wants a seat. I look around and see that there's no seats left. So I move to the empty one right next to me, giving him a place to sit.

No thank you? Or a smile? Just to be a little polite.

I get off the bus at my stop after giving a thank you to the driver. I walk out, but after two steps, someone passes me. That guy, again. He strangely and purposely bumps his shoulder into mine. Or it could be by accident because he's walking so fast that it looks like he's almost running, but still. What's wrong with him?

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed, maybe?

I shrug my shoulders and continue walking into the school.

------------------

I open my locker and collect my stuff for my first period, History. I have a love-hate relationship with this subject. I love it when the teacher tells us about what happened in the past but I hate to memorize everything.

"Lils!" Someone greets me as I walked in the class. Emily. She's been a best friend to me for around four years now. We met in middle school. She talked to me first, then we just became so close. "Em!! Gosh I missed you so so much!" I said, giving her a slight hug. She pulls away, "I know, I know. Missed you too, babe."

"How was holiday?" I ask. "It was good. Met Tristan, my childhood friend, remember? We hung out a lot when I was there in Florida. Yours?"

"Um, nothing interesting. I just spent most of my time around the house. Going out to the mall sometimes. That was it." She nods. We then just talk about random stuff until I hear the school bell ring.

I get up from seat that I sat on before, next to Emily I meant. And moved to the third row.
Mr. Richard walks in with someone behind him. He looks familiar..

"Good morning, guys. Here's Mr. Hemmings. He'll be your new friend in this class." I stare at him. Who is he? He looks like.. Darn! That guy is the same guy I met on the bus. The rude guy who me up from my sleep and sat next to me Yup, he surely is.

His eyes scan the room until they land on me. He stare at me again, with a poker face. "Take your seat, please Mr. Hemmings" I wonder how he manages to keep his face straight all the time.

He nods and mouths a thank you to Mr. Richard before walking towards an empty seat beside me. Okay, why beside me? I thought there was one at the back. But okay, whatever. Not like we're gonna talk anyway, right?

I and Emily decide to have lunch at school's cafetaria as soon as the class ends and here we are.

"... Luke Hemmings." is all I heard from Emily. I guess I'm too zoned out to listen to whatever she's talking about.

"Uh, what? Didn't catch what you said."

"Like always." She rolls her eyes. "Okay, okay. Now, tell me what were you saying please."

"I was just saying that his name is Luke Hemmings. He moved from Low Valley High School. [I'm bad at giving names, sorry!] And he will be in some of your classes too. Music, Art, and English." My jaw dropped. "Where did you get all that info?" She smirks in a proud bitch mode, "like you don't know me."

But I sigh, "Three classes with him, huh?" She raises one of her brows in confusion, "You.. got a problem with him?" Did I actually? We just met but I already feel like I'm not going to have a great time being in the same classes with him.

"I don't, I think. But.. I met him this morning on the bus. And he sat beside me cause there was no seat left anywhere inside. And he had that poker face all the time, even when he was looking at me. And it makes me feel uncomfortable. I mean, can you imagine?. I didn't possibly do anything wrong, did I? Or did I really? But I just met him today so how could I do something that pissed him-"

"Okay, okay I get it. You can stop it." She interrups me. "You don't know him yet though. Don't think about him as if he was a jerk. Who knows, maybe you could be good friends." I want to argue more so bad but I nod in agreement anyway. She got a point somehow.

----------

A/N : Okay so this is the first chapter of my first story! I can't believe I really updated it because I was in a huuuuge dilemma.

Oh and I wanted to say I'm sorry if you find the story weird or something. I'm not from USA, nowhere near it. I don't really know the education system there, how you get classes and all. So this is all just based on my experience reading other stories. And also sorry for my exotic English ;)

I hope y'all liked it!

Love,

-A