Decorations

Byeol and JB fluffiness

"I am here to grace your presence!" Byeol loudly announced as she walked into JB's apartment as if it was her own. Jaebeom only smiled, handing her a mug of coffee. She scrunched up her nose. "I don't like your coffee. It's to bitter."

Jaebeom scoffed. "I try to be nice and this is what I get." Byeol patted his shoulder, feigning sympathy. "You poor soul." She took the mug back from Jaebeom, sipping it and offering him a wink and a thumbs up. "Delicious. Not killing my tastebuds or anything."

She glanced around his living room at all the bags and boxes. "You really like Christmas, huh?" She commented going to look through one of the bags. Jaebeom shrugged. "I just like decorating. It's pretty." She smiled at him and held the box with the tree up. "Let's start with the tree!"

It had been tradition since they all moved into their own places that Byeol came and helped Jaebeom decorate for Christmas. None of the others really decorated much and trying to rope Yugyeom into decorating was near impossible. Plus, the boy seemed to be allergic to everything Byeol would bring home to decorate with.

"I'll set it up, you're too short." Jaebeom teased and Byeol only rolled her eyes, letting him while she searched for the ornaments. A few hours and some takeout food later, Jaebeom's apartment was expertly decorated for the holiday season. Equipped with lights that Byeol had picked up on the way just to make it more special.

"So, now it's time for Christmas movies!" She said happily, jumping over the back of the couch and grabbing the remote. "Yah! Don't do that!" Byeol gave him a cheeky smile. "I won't get hurt, oppa. Don't worry." Jaebeom snorted, shaking his head and joining her on the couch. "I'm more worried about my couch breaking."

She smacked his arm as he laughed at her. Byeol put on her favorite Christmas movie—The Grinch—and settled in for the rest of the night. Another tradition. Except this one was usually done with everyone together. Everyone was off doing their own thing today though so, it was just Byeol and Jaebeom.

"Why do you put a moon on top of your tree instead of star? Weirdo." Byeol was staring with disdain at the crescent shaped moon he had stuck on the top in place of an angel or a star. JB pinched her cheek. "Because you help me every year, Moon." She faked gagged, pushing him away. "Too cheesy. Ew."

They settled in, watching the movie. Byeol caught JB looking around his apartment every now and then with a melancholy smile. She tried to ignore because she really did love this movie, but she hated seeing him troubled. She sighed, pausing the movie and turning to stare at him. "What's up with you? You look like Nora died."

JB narrowed his eyes and Byeol only waited patiently for him. "It's really pretty, isn't it? And calming." He looked around again and so did Byeol. She thought it was pretty, yeah. She never really found the same kind of comfort in art or things like this like most of her members. "Yeah. Because I helped." She teased lightly and JB only ruffled her hair.

"I just can't help but remember that I'll be alone again this Christmas." Byeol felt her heart break a little. Unlike other countries, Christmas was a little different in terms of how it was celebrated in Korea. While most people went and spent time with their families, Koreans tended to save that for the new year and spent Christmas with their partner.

Byeol rarely spoke to her family so, she was used to being alone for most holidays. Mark would occasionally bring her back to America to spend the holidays with his family. The others would invite her to go celebrate with their families, JB included. But when it came to Christmas they were all a little alone.

Byeol reached out and patted his knee, smiling softly at him. "I'd be happy to spend it with you." JB grabbed her hand and squeezed it gently. "Didn't Mark ask you to go to the States with him?" Byeol nodded. "He did, but I told him no. He hasn't seen his family in forever. I want him to be able to have time with them."

JB chuckled, staring at her. "You're too nice sometimes. What about Shownu? You're not spending it with him?" Byeol felt her cheeks heat up and she bit her cheek. "We're not dating!" JB looked genuinely surprised. "No? Then Minghao? Or Felix? I could have swore Jackson said something. . ."

Byeol groaned, running her hand over her face. "I'm not dating any of them either! We're all just friends. Jackson is just an idiot." She was mildly annoyed. Why Jackson and Youngjae and BamBam couldn't seem to butt out of her personal affairs was beyond her. Let alone she didn't appreciate them telling everyone they met.

"It's okay for you to have, ya know, feelings." JB teased her and she rolled her eyes. "I have plenty of feelings. I'm not some devoid creature." JB chuckled again, shaking his head. "Moon-ah, when was the last time you had feelings for someone?" Byeol shrugged, trying to play innocent.

"I have feelings for all of you, duh." JB scoffed, flicking the side of her head. She glared at him. "You know what I mean." She sighed, letting her shoulders droop.

"Not in a long time. I've been to busy and well, you know the other stuff. I don't think I'm ready."

JB sighed, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and pulling her to his side while he played the movie again. They could talk about this later, but right now he knew it wasn't something she wanted to delve into.

"Then I guess I'll be setting an extra plate for Christmas this year."