11.7K 430 586

"The ones that love us never really leave us. You can always find them."
-Sirius Black-
________________________________

It was already mid-day and Y/n has just finished Defence Against the Dark Arts.

"Miss L/n, can I please have a word with you?"Professor Miller asked, her question seeming more demanding.

"Of course, Professor." Y/n replied.

"I assume you've read the letter from your Aunt?"  Professor Miller said.

"Yes..." Y/n replied suspiciously.

"Right. Now, if you need any help with the whole Slytherin research thing you can ask me. Oh! I almost forgot to write the pass!" Professor Miller said. Then she began writing on a piece of parchment and handed it to Y/n.

Y/n was wondering why Professor Miller was so happy to oblige.

"Professor, may I ask, what's in it for you?" Y/n asked curiously.

Professor Miller froze and the glint of excitement in her eyes soon changed to sadness. Her head went up, looking around the room, almost as if to make sure no one else was around before getting up and closing the door. She walked back to the desk and sat down, shaking her leg anxiously.

"Y/n...I'm assuming...You've heard people comment on our resemblance..?" Professor Miller questioned. Y/n nodded in response, skeptical. "Now I don't want to startle you dear but..." Y/n tilted her head, signalling her to continue. "You're the reason why I came to Hogwarts."

This response puzzled Y/n even further. She thought about Professor Miller's response before a thought crossed her mind. The thought that Professor Miller could be her...

"Mother?" Y/n said in a quiet voice, looking up at Professor Miller in disbelief, her eyes wide and her jaw dropped. "I-I'm sorry...It can't be..."

Professor Miller looked deep into Y/n's eyes. "I came here, for my daughter..." She smiled warmly, tears welling up in her eyes. "I wanted to make up for the lost time with you, Y/n...Do you understand me?"

Y/n froze. Her eyes stayed wide. Her body frozen. Not knowing how to react. A wave of emotions overcame her, so many emotions to the point she didn't know how to react. Tears welled up in her eyes.

She didn't know what to feel, whether she should feel happy and overwhelmed with excitement, or sad and furious for hiding from her. Merlin's beard, it was too early into the year for this.

"...W-where were you all this time?" Y/n asked silently, wide-eyed, almost numb. she didn't know how to react. She's just seen her mother after thinking she was dead for 12 years.

"Darling it's a long story-"

"Don't...darling me. How did you...what...I had to deal with Lilith all that time you were gone. I was treated like shit how- why..." Y/n said quietly, speechless, numb. "I thought you were dead...We all thought you were dead..."

"Y/n, please, just listen to me,"

"Here," Y/n said, taking off her mother's necklace. Not with anger, not with sadness, just out of instinct. "You can have your necklace back." And with that, Y/n left, leaving her mother in the room all by herself as she tried to gather her thoughts.

As she kept walking, wide-eyed, unusually calm, it actually hit her. And she just...cracked. She realised the severity of the situation. She wasn't mentally prepared. She started feeling tears trickle down her face, crying almost uncontrollably, embarrassed at her weakness, so she tried to cover her face. But the fact that she hadn't seen her mother in 12 years, and she just shows up THAT casually.