8.9K 323 222

"Regret is my constant companion.
Do not let it become yours."
-Albus Dumbledore-
________________________________

Matthew's POV

It's been a while since I've gotten a nightmare which is quite extraordinary if you ask me. I still don't understand what that nightmare is supposed to mean. No matter how much time and thought I put into it, I simply couldn't comprehend it.

Why was Y/n scared of Riddle? Why did he need the diadem? So many questions raced my mind. Everything was so confusing. It felt as if I was in a room with all the answers to my questions, but I could hardly move a muscle. I couldn't grab the answer even though it was right in front of me. And it slowly consumed me.

There's nothing I hate more as a Ravenclaw than feeling dumb and clueless. And that's all I felt right now. Dumb and clueless.

What if this means something?

What if this was the future?

What if I knew what was going to happen all along but I'm not doing anything about it?

Surely this means something. Why would a dream so reoccuring and so vivid have no meaning?

I knew it had a meaning. I just don't understand what it is. Sure, it could be the future but... I don't understand how we could've gotten to that point.

Despite the agonising migraine I had and the annoyingly strong urge to find answers, I had to sleep. It was getting late and not getting sleep will only worsen things.

Would it really worsen things if I didn't get any sleep, though? Would it really worsen things if I didn't risk having another nightmare?

As I lay on my bed, looking up at the ceiling, I subconsciously try to keep myself awake. My mind was deeply terrified of getting another nightmare. But my body was too tired to stay awake.

Ultimately, I did fall asleep. At the cost of another getting nightmare.

*His Nightmare*

Tom was in a white long sleeve shirt with black trousers, his tie around his neck. He was standing there, looking through the large window with the rain splattering on it lightly while the thunder got heavier and heavier.

A light knock could be heard through the other side of the large wooden doors.

"Come in," Tom said, now shifting his attention to the alluring woman entering the room.

Despite how enchanting and elegant Y/n seemed, and the mysterious charm that draws people in, her eyes were filled with nothing but mischief. The smirk on her face was enough for anyone to understand her power.

As she walked into the room, her black dress flowed behind her, every strand of her hair in a perfect placement. Everything about her radiated darkness, and Tom loved it.

"Hello, my love." he said, giving Y/n a quick kiss on her forehead. Y/n smiled at this before handing Tom a note.

"I received this, this morning." Y/n spoke.