10.2K 348 390

"Its killed meh, it's killed meh."
-Draco Malfoy-
________________________________

Y/n spent the rest of the day rather bored. She would go to the Library, read a bit, then take a walk around the school to find herself back at the Library again.

Y/n was just about to exit the Library to repeat the same routine when she saw James entering. She stopped and walked backwards to enter the Library again.

"Hi, James!" Y/n said, making a conversation since James had been avoiding her.

"Oh hi, Y/n." James said, smiling charmingly at her.

"I wanted to talk about last night." she said as she remembered that sweet moment with James.

"Why? Did you not enjoy it?" he said, a mix of confused and concerned expression placed on his face.

"No I did, I really did. But...I don't know I just have this odd feeling that you didn't enjoy it as much as I did." Y/n explained, recalling back to when James and the other Marauders were laughing while looking at her in the great hall that morning.

James' attention was now fully on Y/n. "What would make you think that?" James said, chuckling lightly.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe the fact that you've been avoiding me and I saw you laughing while looking at me at breakfast which is quite suspicious." Y/n said, narrowing her eyes a bit.

James laughed and looked at her like she was crazy. "Are you mad? I absolutely loved it!" he said, while getting closer to her, grabbing her waist carefully.

"You did?" Y/n said eagerly, placing a hand on his chest.

James nodded and replied with a little 'mhm' before was giving her a small peck on the lips. "I'll see you in a bit okay?" he said. Y/n nodded and smiled. James gave her one last smile before leaving.

Y/n sighed to herself and headed off to God knows where. She hummed as she walked and greeted a few students here and there. Some of the girls scowled at her but she honestly didn't care.

Y/n was just passing the garden when she saw Tom reading a book under a tree. Y/n went over to sit next to him but as soon as she made a step towards Tom, he got up and left. She decided to chase after him, deciding it would be a good idea if she confronted him about being the Heir. It would do no harm, after all. She was the Heiress.

"Tom!" she said as she picked up her speed. Tom did nothing but walk a little faster. He had much longer legs than her so Y/n nearly had to run to keep up. "Wait! Tom!" Y/n said as she continued following him. Tom finally stopped dead in his tracks and sighed to himself, closing his eyes in frustration before turning around to her.

"What do you want, L/n?" Tom snapped which made Y/n slightly confused since Tom was usually kind to her. This tone set her off.

"What's your problem, Tom? I'm just saying hi, is all. Is something bothering you?" Y/n asked, getting the impression that Tom didn't want to talk to her.

Tom's gaze softened as he realised he had accidentally given a bad attitude towards the Heiress. Tom gave her one last look before leaving a very much confused Y/n, alone in an empty corridor.