11.6K 379 734

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
-Albus Dumbledore-
________________________________

"Right, we should get going. It's getting dark," Tom suggested.

Y/n didn't want this moment to end. She knew that this was the kind of moment that she would look back at and smile. But since Tom did have a point and her Father might go rogue once Professor Dippet informs him that they've been gone for a while, she agreed.

And in a flash, they were back in the same corridor where this it all started.

Y/n turned to Tom, looking up at him before smiling warmly. "I've had a lovely time with you, Tom." Y/n spoke, genuinely. Tom smiled,

"And I you, Princess," he replied with a charming smile. And with that, they parted their ways and went back to their common rooms, not caring that they skipped quite a few classes and they probably would get detention.

"Y/n! There you are! I've been worrying sick about you!" James excalimed, pulling her into a tight embrace. He pulled away after a few moments and questioned her. "Where have you been? People have been saying that the last time they saw you, you were crying."

Y/n paused for a moment, deciding on whether she should tell him about her mother being a professor at Hogwarts and how she was spending time with Tom. "I- erm- I just needed some time for myself." she said confidently.

"Alright then." James replied, not wanting to ask her about what happened, afraid that she might burst into tears.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n was back in her dorm, lying down on her bed, going through all the events that happened that day.

"Y/n, are you alright?" Clara asked worriedly to which Y/n nodded slowly.

"Why do you ask?" Y/n asked.

"You seem....high." Clara said suspiciously.

"Maybe that's because I am." Y/n said jokingly, though Clara took it a bit too seriously and asked for some.

While the girls continued chatting for a few more hours, Y/n lay in her bed tiredly. Soon enough, she fell into a dreamless sleep after she did her usual night routine.

Timeskip - The Next Morning

Y/n was on her way to the Great Hall for breakfast as usual and sat at the Ravenclaw table. The owls came in to deliver mail and unexpectedly, Y/n received one too. 'Please don't be about the Slytherin Kingdom...' Y/n thought.

Her wishes were fulfilled when she found out that the letter was from Professor Slughorn, she was all caught up in different kinds of drama that she forgot about the Slug Club.

The letter contained information such as when the next meeting was going to be, what time, and all the other basics. The next meeting was going to be this Friday which was 2 days away.

Y/n tucked the letter into her robe and continued eating her food, not knowing that there were at least 3 pairs of eyes on her.

James, her Mother, and Tom.

"Did I just see a Slug Club invitation in your hand?" Amelia asked, grinning.

Y/n nodded, not really caring about anything at the moment.

"You are so lucky!" she exclaimed.