8.9K 355 247

"Just when the Caterpillar thought the world was ending, she became a butterfly."
-Barbara Haines Howett-
________________________________

Y/n dragged James onto the dance floor and forcefully made him dance with her. It seemed as though James had two left feet as he would step on her foot every once in while, struggling to keep up with her. Y/n chuckled at this.

"Haven't you ever danced before?" she asked, giggling slightly.

"I don't have time to dance." he replied, stepping on Y/n's foot again.

"Really? All you do is prank people and you don't have time to learn how to dance?" Y/n teased with a slight chuckle. James shook his head, trying to find an excuse to stop dancing.

"Erm...I'm gonna go get us some drinks so you just....er...dance with someone else okay?" James said in hopes of getting off the dance floor.

Y/n nodded and almost as soon as James was out of her grasp, Matthew started dancing with her. Y/n laughed at this sudden intrusion. Matthew was certainly a better dancer than James and his date didn't really seem to mind.

She looked around to find Tom but he was no where in sight. Then, as if on cue, he walked into the great hall without an escort. The teachers didn't seem to really care, probably because he was the golden boy and the most favoured student.

This is what he's wearing

or

Tom took an overview of the room before his eyes landed on Y/n

Tom took an overview of the room before his eyes landed on Y/n. His eyes widened from the sight, unable to move. He looked at her from head to toe and everything about her made him unable to take his eyes off. He quickly snapped out of his thoughts when Y/n made eye-contact with him and went over to Professor Slughorn, clearing his throat.

"Professor," Tom began "I found it quite hard to get myself an escort as I don't have interest in most of the students and the one girl I do have interest in, declined my request. I was wondering if it'd be alright to not have an acquaintance?" he lied, knowing he hasn't asked anyone out. Professor Slughorn had a shocked expression on his face.