11.4K 403 385

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on Earth should that mean that it is not real?"
-Albus Dumbledore-
________________________________

Y/n woke up the next morning, looking forward to meeting James again. She quickly washed her face and brushed her teeth before heading down to the common room in a hoodie and sweatpants.

She turned back to her dorm when she saw Matthew running his hands through his hair, elbows on his knees, while sighing. Matthew saw her and instantly got up and rushed towards her.

"Y/n, wait!" Matthew quickly caught up with her since his legs were much longer than hers.

"What is it, Matthew?" she said, willing to listen but still a bit annoyed.

"I wanted to apologise for what I said..." he said innocently while looking down at his feet, hoping she'd accept his apology. If only he knew how wrong he was.

"Apologise for yelling at Cindy? Yeah, you should definitely apologise for that. If anything, apologise to Cindy, not me. Though I don't see why you think you've got any right to threaten me the way you did." she pushed passed him and headed towards her dorm, that was until Matthew grabbed her by the waist and pulled her close to him.

"Look, I'm just worried about you. And I never intended to talk to you like that. Just please, I promise you I'll never talk to you like that again."

Y/n looked at him, seeing nothing but sincerity in his brown chocolate eyes. His grip on her waist tightened as she tried to escape.

"Alright fine! I accept your apology! Just- go apologise to Cindy as well." Y/n exclaimed, pushing Matthew's hands off of her.

"I'm sorry, Y/n," he said innocently.

Y/n quickly got to her dorm and stayed there until it was time for breakfast.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n got changed into a white long sleeve, she put a grey jumper with the Hogwarts crest over it and tucked her blue and silver tie under it. She put on stockings and a wore a black skirt over it. She out on her black leather shoes like she usually does and put her hair into a quick simple hairstyle.

Y/n went over to the great hall and sat with Delilah, Amelia, Charlotte, Clara, and Cindy, leaving Matthew alone with his thoughts as he played with his food. Y/n looked at Matthew with sorrow, feeling bad for getting him isolated.

Y/n took a glance at James who was chatting with Sirius, Remus, and Peter while not taking his eyes off of Y/n. Sirius and Remus were looking at her too, not even trying to hide it.

Y/n smiled at them and James smiled back, revealing his pearly white teeth. Y/n looked down at her food, hoping that Sirius and Remus would stop staring, but they didn't move a bit.

They kept their gaze on her as she awkwardly started chatting with Clara, telling her to pretend to talk to her so they would look away.

James obviously noticed her uncomfortableness and told the boys to stop staring.

"You know the bet James." Sirius said with a smirk.

*Flashback*

James left to his dorm after that session with Y/n in the courtyard.

James walked into their dorm to see Sirius tossing a sickle up into the air while lying in his bed.

"Ah, Prongs, we were just talking about you!" Sirius said.