9.2K 314 371

"My philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice."
-Newt Scamander-
_______________________________

After a few minutes of Y/n staying in place, she decided to go visit her mother to tell her about what happened.

Soon, she finally made it to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom. Y/n briefly started to explain everything.

"So you're telling me, that Tom Riddle kissed you, then when you mentioned it, he went off at you and nearly choked you?" Professor Miller summed up.

"Pretty much," Y/n replied, throwing a peanut into her mouth.

"That boy has some real anger issues." her mother replied, sipping her tea. She stood up from her desk and went over to one of the cabinets, grabbing something.

"I know right?" Y/n agreed. "I don't get why he's so...complicated. Like Tom is fine one minute then he's a beast the next. But I do feel guilty though. I shouldn't have kissed back, right? Considering James and everything...Gosh, there's so much to worry about! And it's not fair because I still have to deal with Matthew- Oh no." Y/n paused, remembering Matthew and how she was supposed to be there for him.

"What?" Professor Miller asked, stirring her tea.

"I totally forgot about Matthew!" Y/n gasped in panic as she quickly got up and left, leaving her mother confused.

"But...I made you some cookies..." she murmured, taking the cookies out of the cabinet.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It was soon time for the students to go to bed and Y/n and Matthew were in the common room while the other students were in their dormitories. Y/n was scared that Matthew would get another nightmare. It broke her seeing him in that state so to ensure that he wouldn't, she wanted to stay there with him.

"Y/n, you can go to bed, I don't want you losing sleep because of me." Matthew assured, scratching the back of his neck.

"But what if-"

"I'll be fine, Y/n. I promise you." he insisted, grabbing her hand reassuringly. "I'll just stay here for a little while longer." he said. Y/n smiled, unsure.

"Well...if you need anything, just wake me up okay?" she conveyed, not realising how silly that sounded. Matthew laughed.

"Wake you up? I'll be like a 5 year old telling my mother I threw up!" he chuckled.

Y/n laughed and after a little hesitation, she nodded.

"Well, I'll be off to bed then." she announced, standing up. She looked down at him and smiled, "I hope you sleep well, Matty."

He smiled back at her. "Goodnight, Y/n."

Y/n gave him one last smile before turning away and heading up to her dorm.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

5 days had passed since that night and Y/n was in her dorm, reading a book when one of the girls said something that caught Y/n's attention.

"I heard it's Tom Riddle's birthday tomorrow." Clara said.

"Damn, he's a Capricorn? We're not compatible at all!" Charlotte joked.

"Hey, which one of you knows what I should get Tom?" Y/n asked, putting her book down.

The girls looked at each other, a smirk placed on the girls' faces.

"Get changed." Clara professed, walking over to her closet.

"What?" Y/n asked, confused.

"It's a Saturday and you need to shop for Tom's gift. We're going to Hogsmeade." Clara said, not taking no as an answer.