pt 2 (edited)

*Rohini verma*

I haven't talked about this with anyone. This burden, guilt, betrayal was taking a toll on me. I'm not a good person I know that. I can be mean when I want to.

But that doesn't mean, I will let my family get hurt. This brought all those memories back.

"What.. what did you see?"

Sofie asked me. I could see she wanted to ask many more things. She's very brave, honest and humble. Every quality a Verma should posses. I don't know what Vicky will do when he gets alright.

I gave her a sad smile and continued my story,

" there was a gala hoisted by Khanna's , we all were invited. Vicky was there with Melanie. He had to attend some business associates so he and Rahul asked Melanie to mingle with others and left to entertain their associates.

I wanted to use bathroom, so when I reached I could here some girls were making fun of her. And narrating there nights with Vicky in front of her. One among them was shivali Gupta. She always had hots for Vicky.

God! That girl is vicious creature I have ever met. That is the reason why Mrs. Gupta showed such a hostility towards you.

Any ways as I was saying, I expected Melanie to fight them, or to defend Vicky in front of them, at least to trust their love and defend it.

But no, she stood their with tears in her eyes. She called Vicky and created a fuss out of that. They left the party early.

Like any other couple, they worked it out and were back to normal.

After few weeks, we accepted her whole heartedly. Many criticized her. You see in our society there are many mean, selfish and arrogants are present. You need to hold your ground to earn their respect.

Like what you did today. But Melanie wasn't like that. She was too sweet for her own good. Vicky or any one of us had to defend her all the time. But she cared for us.

We started loving her in return.Maggie and her became best of friends . Even Atul was close to her. I was okay with all of that.

They were to be married in 2 weeks. Everything was arranged. As soon as we accepted Melanie, Vicky started warming to us.

Just a day before their marriage. I was doing  the last adjustments. I had to get some papers from the study.

Study's lights were off, but I could hear some one talking. I realised it was Melanie. I was just about to announce of my presence . When I heard her conversation I had to stop .

She was on phone. She sounded so broken, she was crying. Then she told that person, she will be married to Vicky tomorrow, she will ask him for the money and send the money as soon as she can. But the person on other side didn't agree for that.

She asked that person to meet her, in 30 mins.

So I hid in the hallway, waited for her to come back. She came with a bag. She left through back doors. I followed her. I could see the person, he was around 40.

That bag was full of jewellery. I didn't know what to think of that. She even gave her engagement ring. But she was crying.

That person gave a pity look. And left her.

I couldn't take it anymore.

"Melanie what the he'll did you do??"

M-"I nothing...."

"Don't you dare lie to me"

She broke down. She was crying so hard, I had to hold her.

M-"My brother, he is not normal. He has a hole in his heart. We needed money for his operation. We are very poor. He is in I.c.u we couldn't afford it. So I came here for work.

I was in uni, doing part time work and studying. I used to send the money I earned back. But then I met Vicky. At first I didn't love him. He was persistent so I agreed for one date.

On the date i learned that he is Vikram Verma, heir of Verma industries. He was my only option to save my brother. So I pretended to be in love with him.

He used to give money for my clothes. Since I told him that I'm an orphan and can't afford anything. And that money I sent to my parents so that they could pay the bills.

But along the way, I started loving him. I.love him so much now. Every time I look at him I feel guilty. But my love will never allow me to tell him anything.

I'm scared he might reject me. Any ways tomorrow is my brother's operation. They needed money urgent. So I gave all the jewelry"

I didn't know what to do. I was angry and felt the betrayed. People always used us for money. I couldn't tolerate it. She should have told us. We could have helped her.

"Listen here Melanie, I'm going to pay for your brother's operation, his medicines and everything you need in advance. Along with that I give a nice home to your parents and a job to your father. But you have to walk out of Vicky's life now. And never to present yourself here again. Got that??"

M-"no, please don't do this. I love him. I can't do this."

She was literally begging. But I couldn't change my mind. I had to do this.

"Decide now, or else I'm going to tell Vicky everything.so choose it's either Vicky or your family"

She looked so broken, I felt sorry for her. But she needed this. Their marriage wouldn't have worked otherwise. And I couldn't let anyone hurting my family.

"Family!!"

"Good now go, I will arrange everything. "

"With that she left"

If only she had chosen the second option. I wasn't going to tell Vicky about her. But I needed to test her love. She loved Vicky but she loved her family more. If any given circumstance in near future she would have done the same.

And that is when I noticed I wasn't alone.Maggie was standing behind me. She didn't hear what Melanie had said.

She only heard the ultimatum I gave Melanie. So I didn't correct her. And I asked her not to speak of this in front of anyone.

I didn't know what to do. How to face Vicky. I know my children will hate me for what I did. But I had no other way. She wasn't meant to be with Vicky.

That night I was sitting in study and waiting for the morning . Got a call at 4:30am, that Vicky is in hospital.

He had major brain injury. He was in coma for four months. When he gained consciousness he was the way he is now.

_rebel ridz

Hello my watty friends, hope this solved half of the mystery. Tell me honestly how many of you had expected this?? Comment and give me your answer. I will be waiting.
Plz vote. Comment. Share.

Love y'all.