Prison of the Past

A/N: Trigger warning for those who can't handle subjects of Kidnapping, Sexual assault, and blood. All these things are just implied, but I still wanted to give fair warning anyway just incase. 

The Family Plan chapter nine: Prison of the Past

Magnus Pov

"Do I have to go in there," Rafael asked, looking out the car window. It was Monday morning and we were parked in front of the school. Alec leaned over from the passenger's seat, reaching back to put his hand on top of one of Rafael's.

"You have nothing to worry about. Go into that class and just try your best. It's all you can do."

"But what if the other kids are smarter than me? What if they make fun of me? What if the kids outside of the class make fun of me?"

"That won't happen," I assured him. "The kids in your class all learn at a different level. They know better than to laugh at other kids like that."

Alec nodded smiling sweetly at him. "That's right. If the other kids say anything, I will personally deal with them myself."

Rafael groaned at that. "That's even more embarrassing."

Alec chuckled slightly at that. "Maybe, but I would still do it. Just believe in yourself and everything will be alright."

Rafael nodded, taking a couple more soothing breaths before getting out of the car. Max unbuckled himself and got out as well, following his brother into the school. We watched them go until they passed the school doors, out of sight.

Alec immediately turned his attention to his passenger window, staring out of it silently. I glanced at him before looking ahead, pulling out of the school parking lot.

"Are you sure it was okay for you to go into work late?"

He stayed silent, not even sparing me a glance. I sighed at that.

"Alexander, come on. Are you planning on giving me the silent treatment forever? You haven't spoken to me without the boys present since Saturday night."

"Are you going to tell me why you walked away," He asked, still not looking at me.

I frowned, staring at the road.

"No."

"Then I have nothing to say to you."

"Why does it matter? You were handling the situation just fine."

Alec scoffed at that, finally turning to look at me but it was full of anger. "Why does it matter? Magnus, our son was having a panic attack. He was scared and alone. He needed assurance from both of us. When he looked for you, you were gone. What kind of message do you think that sends him? It's like you don't care about him at all."

"I do care about him. That's the problem."

"How could that ever be a problem," Alec demanded.

I sighed, running one of my hands down my face. How am I supposed to explain it to him when I can't even comprehend it myself? Seeing Alec sitting there, comforting Rafael made me feel like I couldn't breathe. It was too much like her.

"I can't explain it to you."

Alec's glare turned to eyes of sadness. "I don't like that you don't trust me."

"It's not like that!"

"It is! We were supposed to start a family and be happy together! All this week has done is show me that I married a stranger! I don't even recognize you anymore!"