45 (added on to)

"Christmas is soon, huh?" SeoJeong gives me a sly smile.

   "Yes. Don't worry I already have your present." Her smile grows brighter at my words. She skips away from the counter and plops down onto the couch.

   "What do you want, Yin?" I sigh unconsciously.

   "Life to go back to being somewhat normal."

   "Hmm, I can't make promises with that one. But normal can be dull, so let's just make it better, okay?" I can't help but smile at this, she really is a bright spot in my life.

~~~

   Two days before Christmas and we are all spread out on the floor of BTS's common room. I'm not entirely sure how we ended up here but I'm glad we did.

   Sean, the seaweed-colored-hair punk, throws a foam ball at my face, laughing as it bounces off my chin. "Okay, boy, if that's how we're going to play." SeoJeong immediately hands me a nearby pillow. It barely misses his cheek, causing him to smile evilly.

   A minute later, there are pillows and random objects everywhere. Our minds are dazed on the previous drinks and the ridiculous amounts of food we basically inhaled. Our voices raw from yelling out Christmas songs at the top of our lungs.

   I turn to look at the flashing TV screen, it's already three in the morning. As I turn to look away I meet Yoongi's eyes. His cheeks are slightly puffed up as he has his gummy smile present. It's been over a month since my awkward confession, and of course, we haven't really talked much. Somehow, the whole event slipped my mind, I was high on the joyful atmosphere and comfort surrounding me.

   His eyes then focus solely on me, causing my heart to falter in it's rhythm. He smiles gently and motions for me to join him farther away from the others. I walk over, nearly falling over a misplaced chair. A giggle escapes my lips at this and Yoongi helps me make it the last step with the help of his hand. I slide down the wall until I reach the floor besides him. His hair is a naturally dark brown now, the sides underneath now cut short and neat. I can't help but think how well it suits him. His eyes wander my face as well, probably noticing the grown out remnants of when I attempted to dye strands of my hair purple. After a moment, he smiles again, a soft smile. I automatically smile, my brain instantly wanting to freeze time and stay in his presence.

   "We all have gifts for you by the way... I think everyone is a little bit out of their minds at the moment to remember though." He sighed and then laughed. "Is it okay if I give you yours now?"

   "You- I- Yes." I stutter a bit, genuinely surprised at each of their kindnesses to think of us under such pressure from all angles. At the same time though, it gives me a warm and content feeling in my chest, knowing how much these people care about others..

___

(added part, sorry, I didn't want a super short chapter for you guys so...)

   The box is wrapped in a gold metallic paper, with random specs of glitter, giving it the effect of stars being embedded magically in a piece of gold. To put it simply, it is beautiful.

   After a minute of me staring at the wrapping paper, Yoongi whispers, "you can open it Yin, I can get you more wrapping paper." This brightens my smile but I'm still very careful not to rip it too much while opening it. After what feels like forever, I finally open the box. The box itself is a matte black, almost like velvet. Inside an object is wrapped inside golden tissue paper, small sparkles falling off of it when I unveil the gift. My mouth opens in shock and soon curls into a smile. I pull out the fabric, extending the black dress to it's full length. It is the dress from earlier this year, the one with the golden detail embroidered beautifully and delicately. The fabric itself is soft and sturdy, parts of it similar to mesh.

   "Thank you," my voice comes out as a whisper but Yoongi hears it regardless. He smiles and nods his head. "I mean it, this really is beautiful."

   "So are you," he says softly but my mind barely registers it. I spend a while admiring the details of the dress, my fingers gently running along the golden stitches and perfectly done seams.

____

This must be a really weird update. I feel really guilty for not giving this story the attention that I've promised it. Lately, I've had very little motivation and my emotions are hella unstable. My grades are dropping a bit because I have no clue what I'm doing... Being pretty isolated from people is actually really difficult lol. There are a few really bright spots though and I hold on to those tightly. (Not me about to write 500 words of me ranting about everything over the past 10 years of my life- would never...)

Anyway, thank you so so much for reading... I really hope to finish this story before college and give you all a quality story which I can be proud of as well.