Chapter 8, "Im sorry"

I jumped waking up out of my sleep suddenly. I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep until the nightmare awoken me. Jake was still on the side of me eyes wide and vast.

"You okay?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"About 2 am."

"What? You haven't slept?"

"Nope, but I'm fine."

"Jake...," I sighed.

"I'm okay really. How are you?"

"I'm okay I guess. I'm sorry I lost it earlier, I just.... I don't know," I sighed.

"What happened?"

"I thought you weren't going to force me to talk about it."

"Emily, I know he did this to you."

A heavy lump filled my throat hearing Jakes words because they were true and I didn't have the guts to lie or deny it.

"I swear to fucking-"

"Jake I'm fine, it's okay," I lied.

"Emily have you seen your neck. You were balling your eyes out, you hate me and yet you let me stay. That's how hurt you are and that's not okay and he will fucking pay," he snapped.

"Jake, do you think I deserved it?"

"Hell no, why would you even ask that Emily?"

I turned to lay on my back and look at the ceiling, "I have a smart mouth and some things I know I shouldn't say but I do and it upsets and hurts people."

"He physically put his hands on you. Your neck is red and bruised. You were shaking, that is not okay and you damn sure didn't deserve it, so don't think like that," he sighed.

"I fell in love with him Jake, and now I don't know what to do," I mumbled, starting to cry.

"Hey sshhhh, It's okay Em," Jake said, lying down next to me.

"Em?" I laughed.

"You remember when I used to call you that in elementary?"

"Sadly, yes. I used to feel special," I laughed.

"You should feel special, you are a special person and a strong person, which is why I know you'll get through this."

"Jake.. I forgive you for what happened in the past and I'm sorry for holding it over you head."

"Thank you," he smiled.

"You really believe I'm strong?" I laughed.

"I do."

"Makes one of us," I joked.

"Yeah well you just don't know how great you are yet," he grinned.

"Chase... has he... has he called?" I asked hesitantly.

"Several times. You want to call him back?"

I looked over at Jake who was being nice to me as usual even after the way I treated him. My mind was blank and confused but now everything was more calm and relaxing and I wanted to breath in this for as long as I could.

"No," I shook my head.

"Okay, so...."

"Let's go rob a bank," I joked.

"I'm down," he laughed.

"Of course you are, but seriously it would be nice."

"You think the two of us could pull it off?"

"Hell no," I laughed. "But we could try."

"We could," he smiled.

I looked over at him only to quickly turn away shocked. His eyes were bluer than the ocean making them shine in a way I've never seen before. He let a fast yawn trying to hide his tiredness.

"Jake, it's okay to go to sleep," I grinned.

"Nope, I'm not leaving you up. I'm good."

"I actually want to go back to sleep, so we can both just fall asleep."

"Here? In your bed? Together?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Well we're friends now and we're already laying down and let's not pretend like this isn't what those high school rumors were about."

"Right," he grinned. "Okay."

I pulled the covers up and over as we both lay on our backs facing the ceiling. I heard Jake turn over facing my direction and I soon did the same. I was shorter than him so my eyes were drawn to his chest before I looked up at him.

"I still don't like you much," I joked.

"I know," he smiled. I carefully cuddled into him and within minutes I heard him snore so I shut my eyes with a grin.

The next morning!!!!

Knock!!! Knock!!! Knock!!!!

Jake and I were abruptly woken up by the sound of a knock at our door.

Jake got up and opened it as I continued to lay in the bed.

"Emily," I heard Chase call out at the door. I hurried to sit up and there he was looking different from when I last saw him. He looked like the guy I first met and not the heartless person he was yesterday.

Once Chase cautiously stepped in the room. Jake closed the door and knocked Chase to the ground.

"Jake wait," Chase pleaded.

"No Chase, I told you don't hurt her and you did exactly that!" He yelled, kicking him.

I quickly got out the bed running over to stop Jake but he wouldn't listen to me, he just continued to yell and hit Chase.

Chase didn't even fight back he just laid there, silently. "Say something!" Jake yelled.

"Jake, please," I said, placing myself in front of him. He tried to move but he would've had to push me out the way and he didn't, So I just stayed in a box out position.

"Chase what do you want?" I asked.

"I'm sorry," he said softly.

Jake scoffed but I turned around with a serious look on my face making him sigh in defeat.

"Baby I don't know what came over me, I'm so sorry and you weren't answering your phone I was worried. I'm really sorry, your neck- oh fuck, I'm sorry," he squinted, looking away.

I looked at him with sincerity and worry. I didn't know what to say or whether or not to believe him but his eyes were watery and shaded with red, he had been crying.

"I know I fucked up and I can never make up for it but can we at least talk about this?" He begged.

"No," Jake laughed. "Chase fuck off, You'll never be considered a friend to me ever again and I still plan to kick your ass."

"Jake, I'm sorry. It just happened, I flashed I didn't even know what was going on until after I heard her leave. I didn't want to hurt her, I swear."

"But you did. Chase I fucking told you, I said "don't hurt Emily" and I was talking about emotionally but you did that physically didn't you?" Jake said angrily.

"Jake.... come here," I said grabbing his hand. Once we were in the bathroom I let out a deep breath.

"I want to talk to him, he looks deeply sorry and I just want to give him a chance to explain himself."

"Fine."

"Are you mad at me?"

"This isn't your fault, it's his. Do I think it's wrong? Yes , but will I ruin your decision? No," he sighed.

I gave him a hug before we walked back into the room. "I'll talk to you Chase, meet me in the parking lot in about an hour."

A/N :

Aw shit, what do you think they'll talk about? Oh and how do you feel about Jake and Emily not being enemies anymore...? 👀