Chapter 52, "Luke"

The next day....

"Emily!!"

I jumped at the voice but then quickly hurried to the living room where he called from. "Uh yeah?" I answered lightly.

"The guys are coming over today, well we're having a party here."

"Am I invited?"

"Well you live here," he chuckled causing me to frown. I know this situation is permanent or whatever but the idea of it all is just... and then hearing it out loud is just worse.

"Oh.....well okay then."

"I just wanted to let you know so you didn't be surprised by the crowd tonight. Um, dress nice, which isn't a problem right?"

"Not at all boss."

"Emily," he said sternly.

"Right," I nodded, "Uh I'll be on my best behavior. I know the rules. Don't do anything stupid, don't leave your view for too long, don't tell anyone anything about me and yeah.."

"Alright, then," he nodded, looking back down at his paper. He was in full concentration with a pen draping between his index and middle finger. I've never seen him so concentrated but he's probably making a list of people to kill so I refuse to find this attractive.

"Do you need me to do anything before tonight? Clean? Or...."

"Nope, just lounge around and enjoy yourself. Take a tour, relax, consider this your day off," he smiled, not looking up.

I shrugged and went back to my room, watching tv.

Jace's POV

"What's up boss, this place looks great," Rio grinned, taking in the view.

"Yeah, the decorators juked it up fa me. Where's everyone?"

"Outside with Roger waiting on your cue to come up," he said, walking to the window, gesturing for me to come. "See, look at the line."

I looked down and saw the line of people waiting, mostly women in short tight dresses, "Alright send them up. I'm about to start drinking."

"Where's Emily?"

"That's a great question," I sighed, "I'll be right back, tell the guests that too."

He nodded and I rushed down the hall into Emily's room to find her completely asleep. I just know she hasn't been sleep all day but then again I'm pretty sure I woke her up earlier when I told her about this.

"Emily," I called, half shaking her. She didn't move so I did it again until her eyes flew open and she met my gaze.

"Get up."

"Why?"

"Party, remember? Everyone's already here. Meaning you're late," I sighed as she covered her face with the pillow.

"It's your party, you're late."

"Emily just get up, and get dressed."

"Just go away, you cause me stress."

"Either you're going to get up or I'm going to get you up," I snared trying not to sound so dominant.

"You're good at that aren't you?" she fired, rolling out of bed, "Get out, I'll be down."

I decided to ignore her smart comment due to the fact that I am late and I take introductions and greetings very seriously and plus, this isn't just a party...

"Fine, you'll find me with a group of guys and hurry up," I sighed.

"I'll take my time thanks."