Chapter 11, "Stop Me"

Jake and I were woken up by a soft knock on the door. I got up to open it and it was the delivery guys I think.

"I'm Paul from rooms to go, we have a delivery for this room," the man stated.

"Um yes," I said tiredly. "These are the beds," I pointed. Luckily we didn't have anything on them but the covers, which we insisted they take too.

Paul and another guy came in moving the beds out one by one quickly. They soon brought in the new bed and started to set it up.

I went into the bathroom putting up the new shower curtains and stuff while Jake helped them. I laid down the black rugs and the shower curtain which had a quote from Michael Jackson.

If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change.

I cleaned off the mirrors and picked up the lingering clothes, putting them into our separate bins. I took a look around and to my surprise, it actually looked nice.

"Emily-" Jake walked in stunned.

"You okay?"

"Uh yes, it looks great," he smiled.

"Thanks," I said brushing my hair back. "What were you going to say?"

"They're done."

I walked out the bathroom following Jake into the room. I was shocked at the sight of how good the bed looked. Without the two beds we had plenty of space now and it wasn't too crowded or sided.

"Wow," I smiled brightly.

"It's just a bed," Jake mocked.

"I don't just see the bed, I see the finished room thank you very much."

"Of course," he said sarcastically.

"Jerk," I said rolling my eyes making Jake laugh.

"So how are we going to put the tv up?" I asked.

"I'm going to do it."

I burst into laughter, "You know how to mount a tv on the wall?"

"Yes," he said seriously.

"I'd like to see that," I challenged.

"Fine," he said, dragging the box in front of the wall.

"Right there," I pointed to the wall.

"Yes ma'am."

I shook my head walking off to hang the paintings on the wall. I looked over at Jake who had taken off his shirt revealing his rock hard abs and v line.

"I know you're staring at me," he chuckled.

"Fuck off," I said focusing my attention back to what I was doing.

Once I finished with the paintings, I made up the bed with the new comforter and set some things out on our nightstands. By the time I put down the rug Jake was done mounting the tv.

"Told you I could do it," he teased.

"I guess," I shrugged.

"So how does our room look?" I beamed.

"Better, you are talented," he boosted.

"Stop," I blushed.

"No seriously, how could you turn a dorm into this?" He pointed.

"Maybe I have the right motivation," I shrugged.

"Maybe," he smiled humorously.

I looked over at him as he stared back at me until my phone buzzed breaking the glares.