Chapter 44, "I fucking hate you!"

I stared into the darkness, fighting off my tears. I can't even hurt how badly I want to because I did it to him before, but he was completely sober. Never in a million years would I think Chase would cheat, not after him almost losing himself because of me. I actually thought we were gone be okay but I was wrong.

*Phone Dings

I grabbed my phone from beside me only to see Chase's name on the screen.

Chase: Emily, I'm sorry.

Chase: We're not doing this again. Let me know you're safe.

Chase: Emily! Baby please answer.

Me: I fucking hate you! Fuck you Chase!

Chase: You don't mean that, we can talk it out.

Me: No! I will be fucking someone else tonight! Now have fun sleeping 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻!

Chase: Fucking Emily! I will kill you and him!

Me: Have fun.

I was so mad right now that I responded with whatever rage I could. The worst feeling in the world is knowing he really doesn't a give a damn about what he did. He keeps apologizing but it's not how it should be. I got no explanation or nothing just a "I cheated on you and I did it before I was even intoxicated," like damn I'm sorry you hate me so much.

Chase: **Voice Message**

I went against my better judgment and played the voice message.

"Emily, you're gonna stop fucking around with me do you you hear? I'm sorry okay! Yes it's my fault but we can talk about this. I will kill you if you do anything stupid. So come home!"

I tossed the phone across the room in complete anger as the tears rippled in my eyes. Chase is a fucking cunt and I hate him!

"E you okay?" Jace asked softly.

"I'm sorry," I sniffed, "I didn't know you were up."

"Yeah, I don't really sleep much," he grinned. It was the fact that I couldn't see his grin in the darkness but I sure heard it.

"Why?"

"Trauma, stress, missions," he answered vaguely.

"Missions?" I questioned.

"Don't be nosey."

"Why say something if you weren't gonna finish. You always do that," I sighed.

"Start things I can't finish?" he chuckled.

"Basically," I shrugged, remembering certain events.

"I can finish them, I choose not to."

"Nice," I nodded, clicking on the lamp. I didn't feel like being in the dark anymore.

"Sorry," I said, sitting up.

"You apologize a lot."

"Is that so wrong?"

"I guess not," he shrugged, trying to observe me.

"I'm okay," I assured, "I'll be fine."

"You don't sound so sure about that," he said, placing his hands behind his neck.

"I am sure, it's fine."

"If you say so."

"Jace....." I barely whispered. It was like he knew what I wanted before I even said anything because he removed the cover off of himself and patted his lap.