Chapter 28, "Do you still love me?"

Emily's POV

"So are we just going to look around at each other all damn day?" Chase sighed.

I hated that he found out about this and it killed me that I didn't tell him first. I was living in the moment and not thinking about the consequences that will come with my actions.

"This is rather strange," Chris sighed.

"You're telling me," Chase scoffed. "I actually came to you to pour my heart out about this girl because I thought I lost her and look where she's at."

"I'm sorry Chase but you have some fucked up friends," I mumbled. "I didn't want to talk to you."

"Speak up, and last time I checked they were your friends too."

"But...."

"I'm sorry Emily. Really fucking sorry. Trust me I'm going to kill Mark but that doesn't change the fact that you're sleeping with my dad."

"How do you know that?"

"He put it down just like me huh?" Chase grinned.

Actually better.

"That's enough son," Chris snapped.

"Fuck off," Chase snapped back.

"Chase I'll leave with you," I blurted out.

"You'll what?" They said in unison.

"So we can talk, just so we can talk," I assured. "You deserve the truth along with an explanation so I'll give you that."

"Great," Chase shrugged.

"Chris I'll see you at work tomorrow," I sighed.

I followed Chase out the door leaving a confused Chris behind. We got into his car and he drove back to his place.

"Wait before we go in, are they there?" I asked.

"Nope I kicked those two shits out. It's just Vinnie, is that cool?"

"Sure," I nodded.

We got out of the car and walked up the driveway. Every step that I took was dreadful and almost annoying but Chase meant a lot to me for some reason.

When Chase unlocked the door, I cautiously stepped in avoiding looking in the direction of the living room.

"I'm sorry," Vinnie apologized giving me a warm hug.

"It's fine, I'm okay," I nodded.

"My room?" Chase asked.

"Yeah," I said, following him up the stairs.

I took a seat on the bed followed by him. I don't even know what we're about to talk about but I'm going to be straight forward and let him know whatever he wants to know because secrets help no one.

"Where to start?" I said.

"The day you ran off from here."

"Well when you left, Mark came down and he was just touching on me and being weird and he was like you wouldn't mind if him and I.. you know.... and I tried to force him off of me but it wasn't till I screamed multiple times that Vinnie and Nicole showed up and Nicole blamed me and Mark denied everything."

"What the fuck, I would have mind. I'm going to kill that son of a bitch," Chase spat.

"It's fine really I'm okay... The bruises went away and I'm okay."

"BRUISES??!!" He exclaimed.

"Chase calm down, it's fine."

"I'm sorry Emily, I'm sorry that I left you here with that fucking creep."

"Chase it's not your fault," I assured. "I'm sorry."

"For?"

"I had no idea Chris was your dad.... I um met him in a coffee shop and I went to his office to get a book and we just clicked and after my car accident he was the first person I ran too and.."

"Wait? What car accident?" Chase interrupted.

"Well after I left here that night, my mind wasn't right so I sorta got into a car accident and I woke up in a hospital and Chris was there."

"Emily?!!!" He huffed. "I didn't know any of this. Does Jake know?"

"No," I sighed. "Only Chris."

"Please stop saying his name like it's normal," he scoffed. "I can't believe I didn't know anything."

"I'm not hurt or anything, it was just a couple scratches," I shrugged.

"Oh my fucking god," he exhaled, resting his head into his palms.

"I shouldn't have ignored you, that wasn't right, I just didn't know what to say," I admitted.

"I was worried sick, and nobody told me what happened besides Vinnie but I knew it was something shady because you would've stayed and fought so I knew you were hurt and I'm sorry about your car accident."

"Once again, this isn't your fault so stop blaming yourself and apologizing."

"I can't Emily," he sighed. "When you love someone, you can't stop blaming yourself."

"You still love me? Like in that way?"

"Of course I do. I tried to let it go but I can't, like I told you this was my first time actually being in love with someone so it's making me crazy that I've lost you."

"You haven't lost me Chase..."

"Do you still love me?" He asked.

I don't know who or what I love anymore. Everything is so confusing and frustrating that I can't even wrap my head around what's goes on anymore. So I simply don't even know.

"Honestly, I don't know.." I shrugged. "You'll always be in my heart and I'll always be here for you but romantically I don't know what I want."

"Is it because of my dad?"

"Maybe, or maybe it's because of Jake, or you.."

"What the fuck?"

"I know it's wrong but I care about all three of you so I don't know where my feelings stand. Chase I don't want to lose you.. so if you give me time to figure it out.. who knows."

"You want me to wait on you?" he laughed.

"That's not what I'm asking, I'm asking you to just be my friend and don't leave me."

"I don't want to be your friend Emily, you have to understand that I'm in love with you."

"I do Chase but....."

"But you don't know what you want," he sighed. "Fine, I'll stay but it won't be the same, it never will."

"Are you going to talk things over with your dad?"

"Yeah, it's not his fault nor is it yours. If you guys didn't know then you simply didn't know," he shrugged.

"That's good," I smiled.

"But you need to choose...."

"Choose?" I questioned.

"Who's it going to be? Me, Jake, or Chris?" He grinned.