Chapter 48, "Isabella"

A month later...

Um... it's been a while since I last talked to Jace. He just sort of stormed out while I was sleep a while ago and I haven't heard from him. A lot of has changed since then though...

For instance...

I got my own place, it's a little two bedroom but it's a lot for me. Chase and I talked things over in a sort and we're okay.. and by okay I mean there's no bad blood and we're not back together. Jake and I have gotten closer as the days go by but it's mostly me third wheeling with him and Miley but that's fine. I honestly am doing okay if you ask me. I've even started a partnership with Chris considering I still work with him up at his office.

The only thing that's really been bothering me about my life is Jace and whether he's okay but then again he did say I'd never know...

"You okay?" Jake asked, pulling me out of my mind.

"Yeah, can you make a decision already. Gold chain or silver chain?" I laughed.

"I don't know, I like them both."

"Gold," I smiled.

"Gold it is," he told the jeweler.

The man smiled and walked away with the chain.

"You should get one," Jake smiled.

"Maybe next time, today is your day."

"It could be our day," he shrugged making me smile.

I snatched the icee cup out of his hand and slurped down the red drink. The man soon returned with Jake's chain in a long black box. Jake spent about a g on it and we were out.

"Where next Em?"

"Where ever you want to go superstar," I smiled, swinging our hands in the middle of us.

Later that night....

After a long day of going about everywhere with Jake, we finally headed home. He drove me back to my place and dropped me off before he went his way..

"Text me when you're home," I smiled, going up driveway.

"Alright, see ya Em," he said, driving off once I reached the door.

I waved and walked in the house, locking the door behind me. Once I sat my bags down and turned on the lights, I immediately knew something was off.

Maybe it was the displacement of something but it just didn't feel right. My tv was off and I never leave my tv off. Some of my pictures were down.. everything was just off..

"Hello?" I called.

I cautiously walked around the house but I didn't see anyone. I pulled out my phone and just as I pressed Jake's number someone grabbed me from behind.

"Get off of me!!!" I kicked.

My phone fell flat to the ground as the big body picked me up and carried me away from the nearby objects I was kicking.

"What do you want?" I screamed.

My sound was soon muffled when someone else dressed in black appeared in front of me and placed a bag over my head. I kicked and fought as hard as I could but after a while I hit the floor of a van or something. I tried to sprawl away but it was no fucking good, I was trapped.

We drove away and that was it..

One of the guys removed the bag from my head but even him was no longer covered up. He looked like he was about my age and I pray this is a senseless joke.