Chapter 53, "You.."

Emily's POV

I woke up squinting my eyes and looking around the familiar room. This is my room, but I don't remember coming in here. I looked beside me and saw the blaring machine that was hooked to me. Who the hell put a IV in my arm. And what is this big needle poking me?

I took another glance over and saw Jace asleep in the bedside chair. This is weird, what the hell is going on...?

"Jace," I whispered. He slightly jumped up and opened his eyes, meeting mine.

"Oh thank god you're awake," he exhaled.

"Are you taking my blood weirdo?"

"No, that's crazy," he chuckled.

"That's kind of what you are, but no seriously. What's going on?" I asked causing his face to immediately frown up. But he didn't look angry, instead he looked hurt like he had no words.

"You don't remember what happened last night? Like any of it?"

"Uhhh," I said trying to remember. "I remember there was party, I remember drinking and then that's it."

"And that's the fucking problem, why didn't I think of that before, fucking bastard," he cussed to himself.

"What? What happened? Business gone wrong?"

"Oh I took care of my business, it's not that..."

"Then what is it?" I frowned. He was about to say something but a woman walked in the room, a doctor I think..

"Afternoon Emily, how are you feeling?"

"Okay I guess, you're a doctor?"

"Correct," she smiled, "I'm Dr. Bailey, his home doctor."

"Oh," I nodded. Of course he has a home doctor..

"I just got your blood screens back and we're informed that you were under the influence of GHB."

"Huh?" I questioned raising my eyebrows. I was under nothing but the drink I had and I'm pretty sure that was gin.

"GHB is gamma- hydroxybutyrate," she spoke, "The drug causes paralysis and unconsciousness in about 15 minutes. This drugs also affects the brain so you might not remember what happened while under the influence of it but some bits and pieces might come back," she explained.

"I'm sorry but I only had one drink," I shrugged.

"That someone spiked," she added causing my face to go blank.

"That fucking bastard," Jace spat.

"I would've saw the drug in my glass because I did look, that's not what happened."

"This drug is colorless Emily and it's powder. There was no way you would've known. I'm sorry," she sighed. "You obviously don't remember everything from last night which is more reason to believe someone spiked your drink."

I looked over at Jace who was shaking his head while resting his index finger on the side of his right eye. So the one drink I had, Luke spiked it because that's who gave it to me.

"Wait Luke, I uhh I remember," I nodded trying to think straight, "I drunk my cup, we were dancing. Luke, he um he was the one who gave it to me. So he did it."

"That's obvious, because that's not the only thing that prick is guilty of," Jace scoffed.

"You'll be okay Emily, the drug will fully leave your system in a couple hours and you'll be okay. As for- If you need someone to talk to or if you have any trouble sleeping or focusing, have Jace contact me. I'll give you two time to talk," Dr. Bailey smiled, "Boss if you need me, I'm here.. Have a nice day."