Chapter 31, "Emily!!!"

Chase's POV

***Phone Rings***

"Emily?" I answered.

"Chase," she cried. "I'm sorry. I truly am. For everything. I'm sorry."

What is she sorry for? I'm the one who's sorry. Why is she crying? What the hell is going on.

"Emily baby calm down, where are you?"

"It doesn't matter I'll be out your hair soon. I did love you, my love for you was real and I know you'll forgive me. I love you," she said, hanging up the phone.

"EMILY NO!" I yelled but the line was already silent.

I was too late, no no!!  This can't be! This can't fucking be!

I quickly pinned Emily's location and rushed to it. I stopped at no red light, no stop sign, nothing. I just drove.

I know her so I know her words were a goodbye. She can't leave! This can't be the end of Emily Jones....there's no absolute way.

I didn't even have to drive up any further before I saw cop cars and red lights along with a big ambulance.

I slammed the car door and ran down to the scene. They had everything bombarded and blocked off so it was kind of hard to see where Emily was but I saw blood, tons of it.

"Emily!!!" I screamed. "Emily!!!"

"Sir you need to back up," a cop ordered, blocking my way.

"No get the fuck out of my way," I pushed.

He tried to restrain me but I pushed aside him and stepped closer to the scene.

"Stop him," he yelled but everyone who got in my way couldn't handle me.

My mind was frozen. Every thought ate away at my brain. I just hope she's okay, she has to be okay. Please God let her be okay. Please.

"Where is she?!" I shouted.

Nobody answered me they just stared and attended to their business which caused me to only think the worse. She's dead.

"Emily," I sobbed.

Just then I saw them loading a body into the back of the ambulance. I tried my best to rush over and get in but too many people were in my way and I got stopped.

"Sir, you can't go in there," a lady said blocking my view.

"Y...o...u... don't......even...fu.....cking... understand," I somehow got out.

"Sir there was a serious accident here, and we're trying to get on it."

I tried to say something back but I don't think my words escaped.

Chris's POV

"I can't believe you're pregnant," I sighed.

"What do you mean? Honey you don't seem to excited."

"How?" I questioned making her eyebrows rise up.

"Well.... how about we start with 2 months ago maybe?"

Two months ago? It's not even ringing a bell. We weren't even together two months ago, at least not that I remember. Did we do something recently? I can't fucking remember.

The only thing on my mind is fucking Emily.

"Sir have you seen what's going on outside?" Derick asked.

"No, what's going on?"

"I think you should have a look," he said causing me to worry.

"I'll be right back," I told Haley.

I rushed down the elevator and outside the doors to find one of the most horrific scenes I've ever seen in my life.

"What's going on?" I yelled.

"A poor girl got tried to kill her self I think," a old woman spoke.

Girl? Emily?!!!!! No!!!!

"Emily!!!!" I yelled.

Everybody was too busy moving around and the indistinct chatter wasn't helping. My brain was packed with the worst.

"Emily!!!!!!!!!!" I shouted, pushing through the crowds.

"Dad!!" Chase said as I approached him.

His eyes were bloodshot red just as his face was completely covered in tears and sorrow.

"Tell me it's not true," I said, losing all sights of nature.

"Dad," Chase cried.

"Tell me it's not true Chase! Tell me it's not true!" I shouted realizing tears were streaming down my face.

"She..... she.. gone.... I ....." he stammered in pain.

Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone? Gone?

"No no no no no no no no!" I yelled.

"Sir calm down and step away from the scene," a cop instructed.

"No!" I said shaking my head.

Chase looked at me with the same feeling that I was feeling right now.

Loss.

I wrapped my arms around him as he cried into my shoulders. We haven't lost her, there's no way. There's no way this is the last of Emily Jones. No way.

This isn't happening. It's a dream. This isn't real. It's a dream. This is in my head. It's a dream.

"Mr. Evans you're the owner of this building right?" A woman asked.

I nodded.

"Witnesses say they saw the girl run out in front of several moving vehicles before she ran in front of an 18 wheeler," she sighed.

I tried to reply but no words came out. I should've left with her. I failed her.

"She's in very critical condition and she's being rushed to the hospital but I doubt she'll make it, I'm sorry," the woman continued speaking. "She's lost a lot of blood not to mention severe fractures all over her body. She's barely recognizable so we marked her as a Jane Doe. I don't know exactly what happened but there will be a sort of investigation just to make sure this was no accident."

It's not an accident, I wanted to say. Emily was tired, she has nobody, it's literally just her. Why wouldn't she give up?

"Emily Jones is her name, and this was no accident," I sighed.

Chase's POV

I thought she was already gone and apparently she's not but the woman said she doesn't think she'll make it. Why would she say that? There's no chance is there?

I continued to cry into my Dad's arm until we walked away to god knows where. If I lose Emily then I lose myself. I won't go on, I'll fucking die too just to be with her.

She came into my life and changed every thing I knew. Yes we aren't perfect, and we've both made mistakes but she's my first love. She forgave me, I forgave her..... Happy ever after is supposed to exist.

I remember the first time I saw her in Drama class. She was being so snobby and bratty but I liked it. Jake told me don't get my hopes up but I did and I fell in love and there's no way we drove this girl to the edge.

Why weren't we there? Why wasn't I there? She would've came for me, hell she would've came for anybody. But no one was there for her.

"We're going to the hospital Chase."

The words echoed in my head before everything went black.