Chapter 30, "Unsaid Emily Pt.2"

I took an Uber to C Tech. I got out the car letting out a deep breath and exhaled while fighting back my tears.

Breaking Jake's heart was the worst thing I could've ever did and I did it because I'm so fucking dumb and pathetic.

"Good Afternoon Emily, you look wonderful today," the desk lady smiled.

What a lie.

"Hi," I smiled.

I can't believe she knows my name. The whole building is warming up to me and that's sad because it might be the last day they ever see my face.

I took the elevator up to Chris office, speaking to Derick on the way by."

"Hey Emily, you okay?" Chris asked.

"Nope but it's fine, um I don't even know what to say. Things are a mess right now."

"I'm.."

"Don't fucking say you're sorry. I've had enough of that."

"Well what else do you want me to say Emily?"

"I don't know," I huffed.

Chris got up to close the door while I took a seat on the couch.

"We obviously need to talk so let's talk," Chris sighed.

"I don't know what to do anymore. I fucked up. We fucked up."

"So it was mistake?"

"Chris...."

"I'm sorry if I pressured you into anything... but.."

"Stop! You didn't pressure me into anything. Everything that I did was because I wanted to okay so stop trying to make it seem like I'm just an innocent and fragile girl that let you take advantage of her."

"Emily calm down, I didn't say that."

"You didn't have to."

"Why are you snapping at me?" Chris shrugged.

"Because, I'm really fucking tired. Tired of screwing up my life."

"I think you need to stop putting the blame on yourself."

"But it's my fault. Nobody told me to forgive Jake and create a strong bond with him. Nobody told me to get with Chase and potentially fall in love. Nobody told me to sleep with you and gain feelings. Nobody told me to do anything! I did all this on my own."

"You're right," he sighed.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

"Chris what the fuck?"

"I just agreed to what you said about yourself," he shrugged.

Is he literally being serious right now or am I getting punked? Because there's absolutely no way he's being serious.

"What the hell is wrong with you Chris?"

"Do you want me to defend your actions or something? Well I'm sorry I'm not going to do that. You're right. All that has happened has happened because of you. Nobody else."

I listened to his painful words as he continued to talk and make me feel worse.

"You are unbelievable," I said, wiping away a tear.

"No I'm just being real. I'm not going to baby you. I'm well past grown and you're old enough to make decisions for yourself so instead of me being a parent and telling you it's going to be okay, I'm going to be the man you slept with and tell you to grow up and get it together."