Chapter 41, "Power"

After getting wasted last night we woke up and cleaned the house up, well I did. Really early. I also ordered everyone a breakfast. If I'm being honest, I didn't wake up all early to take care of everyone, my mind was racing due to what happened last night.

Jace is completely insane and now he's like in my head playing some sort of mind game, I don't know but I keep thinking about last night and what he did and what he said. Nobody knows anything, nobody saw anything so it's just... you know...

Imperfect Emily going through things alone...

Maybe I shouldn't be sweating it so much but I'd be a dumb ass to leave it alone right? I mean I was wasted and he could've also been so there's an explanation...? No fuck no there isn't, dude is crazy and now he's in my head!

"You okay, your pupils are larger than normal baby," Chase observed.

"If I had a penny for how many times you ask me that question," I smiled.

"Sorry, I just worry about you. A lot."

"Chill, I promise I won't throw myself out in front of an 18 wheeler," I joked.

"And now my nerves are bad," he sighed, pulling out a cigarette.

Lung Cancer!

But I walked to the bay window with him and wrapped my arms around his torso while he smoked the cancer stick. Holding him from behind was some sort of relieving for me and my mind was actually on him, Only. Until his phone pinged. He pulled the device out of his pocket and read the message carefully before he started typing.

"You want to go to dinner tonight sexy?"

"With you?" I smiled, "Yes sir."

"Yeah but with me, J, Vinnie, Bre, and some chick," he chuckled.

"Some chick?" I asked.

"With Jace."

"Oh.."

Hm..

I rolled my eyes and huffed into his back due to the serious frustration I caught from hearing Jace's name. Chase knew I wasn't exactly on board with the idea so he turned around and embraced me in his arms.

"I know you don't like when I leave you, but if you don't want to go then I understand," he shrugged, tossing his cigarette but.

"I'll go, only for you," I agreed.

"Seriously?"

"You deserve to rekindle an old friendship. Seems like you guys have fun together so I'm not going to stand in the way of that."

"He's really my other half, not any weird shit though, you know we're just a lot alike," he shrugged.

You're telling me...

"So what time?"

"Uhhh 7, were going to Palio's Seculture," he said, not knowing how to pronounce the restaurant name.

"Okay," I laughed.

"Think it's funny?" he said, furrowing his eyebrows at me. I quickly shut up and shook my head no but my laugh was too much to hold in.

"If that's how you want to play this," he shrugged.

He grabbed me and threw my body over his shoulders effortlessly before walking back in the room and slamming me onto the bed. I laughed uncontrollably while he straddled between my legs and rested his chin between my breasts. I wrapped my legs around his lower waist, holding him in my embrace.