Chapter 32, "A week later.."

Chris's POV

It's been a week since lives went to shit. Emily's in a coma, Chase is still blacked out, and I'm... well I'm not sleeping much.

I've been at the hospital everyday praying the both of them will be fine but things are still the same. I don't know what to do right now, I just don't.

"Mr. Evans?" Nurse Pierce called out.

"Yes?" I answered a bit too eager.

"Your son has woken, his vitals and everything are fine. The doctors are doing a quick check up and you should be able to see him soon," she smiled.

"Oh thank god," I praised. "And Emily?"

"No word, everything's still the same," she frowned.

"Thank you," I nodded. "Thank you so much."

Chase's POV

"I'm fine, I can feel everything," I informed the doctor.

I don't like to be touched by other men so he needs to get his hands off and tell me what the hell is going on.

"Okay then," he sighed. "Everything seems fine, I'll be right back with your lab results."

He needs to return with some fucking information. I haven't forgotten what happened to to Emily. Why the fuck am I in a hospital bed? Did I try to kill myself too?

"Chase," my dad called, walking into the room.

"Dad," I said excited to see him.

"Chase thank god your okay."

"How long have I been here?"

"A week," he exhaled. "A week."

"Damn," I said shocked. "And Emily?"

"She's here and the doctors are doing everything they can but....."

"She has to come back dad," I started panicking. "She has to."

"Chase calm down, I know, he sighed cautiously walking to my bed side.

"No...I can't live without her," I cried.

Me? Crying again? Oh god..... Emily please come back to me.

"I called your mom but she didn't answer, I'm sorry," he said placing his hand to his forehead.

He looked so stressed and I feel so bad. He doesn't deserve any of this and I know he's hurting because of Emily too.

"Where's my phone?"

"Here," he said, pulling my phone out of his pants pocket.

He looks like he hasn't slept in days. I know I shouldn't care but I do, he's here and mom isn't.

I quickly unlocked my phone and dialed Jake's contact.

Jake's POV

I picked up my ringing phone revealing Chase's name on the top of the screen.

"Um....." I answered.

"Jake... you need to come to the hospital now.." Chase said sounding worried.

"Why?"

"I'm here and I have to tell you something but I'm not going to be a bad person and tell you over the phone."

"Are you on your dying bed and you want to apologize?" I joked. "Because if so I'm not coming."

"It's about Emily," he sighed.