Chapter 19, "Friends"

1 week later

I woke up excited and ready to start my day. I don't know I was in such a good mood but I decided to roll with it. I was actually going to go to class today since I usually don't.

Jake was already gone to baseball practice I think, I don't know. I took a nice shower and applied some eyeliner. I put on some ripped black jeans with a white crop top.

About an hour later I went to my first class. I was really caught up on everything so I just finished reading Wuthering Heights.

After all my academic classes were over I headed to drama. Unlucky me, Jake and Chase decided to show up for class too.

"Good afternoon class, I see we got almost everyone's faces today. I'm so excited," Mrs. Gomez beamed.

"Everyone to the stage," she directed.

We all followed her directions and walked down to the stage. I had no idea what she had planned but I just prayed she kept me, Jake and Chase apart.

I haven't really been talking to Jake like that either. I've been to myself just as him so we just have been sleeping I guess.

"Okay so, it's time to prepare you for the real world," Mrs. Gomez said.

"There's a play coming up and Emily you're going to be the female lead."

"Um why me?" I choked.

"Because I know you can do it," she smiled.

"What if I don't want to?"

"You have no choice."

"Fine," I huffed. Isn't there like auditions or something, why did she have to automatically cast me as the lead?

"So the play is about a girl who is trapped in her parents world and what they want her to be. They want her to marry the guy of their choice but she falls for someone else," Mrs. Gomez spoke. "So pick your roles on this paper and I will make a decision."

She handed Chase the paper as he read over it and quickly jotted down his name passing it on to the next.

"I can't believe you're the lead," Jake said.

"Are you doubting me or something?"

"No I'm just surprised but I know you can do it," he smiled.

"Sure," I laughed.

"Isn't that cute," Chase mocked.

"It is," Jake sneered at him.

I rolled my eyes. This cannot be happening.

"You look beautiful Emily," Jake said pretty loudly.

"Say it again," Chase threatened.

"Emily you look beautiful," Jake smiled.

Chase hurried over to where Jake and I were standing.

"Chase and Jake stop," I sighed.

"Is there a problem?" Mrs. Gomez asked turning around.

"Not unless he wants one," Jake smirked.

I saw that Chase was about to hit Jake so I quickly grabbed his arm stopping him.

"There's no problem Mrs. Gomez," I smiled.

"Come with me," I whispered to Chase. He willingly followed me as I lead him into the dressing closet.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked.

"He's an asshole. You think I'm going to let him rub what he did to you in my face," he spat.