Chapter 13, "Why?"

I woke up the next morning, laying in the silence. My mind was all over the place and I had no type of leads whatsoever. All I could think about was whether I should tell Chase or not.

"Are you up?" Chase's fainted voice asked.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"You sound like a baby," he said, leaning over on top of me.

I turned around to reveal the sexy smirk on his face. He stared at me with a smile as I brushed through his black luscious curls. His deep green eyes shined so bright that I almost forgot how bad he destroyed me last night.

"How you feeling?" He asked rubbing my forehead.

"That's not where it hurts," I smirked.

"Hmm," he smiled, slowly trailing his his hand down my leg.

I shut my eyes, smiling pleasantly as his fingers caressed my spot. I didn't want to stop him but I had to get back to the dorms.

"Chase stop," I moaned.

"I was just trying to make it feel better.."

"Trust me you're doing more than that, I just have to get to class."

"Right," he frowned.

"I'm gonna shower really quick," I said getting up.

I went into his bathroom and took a quick shower, washing my hair in his shampoo. After I was done I threw on one of his jerseys and a pair of his boxers.

He was sitting on the bed patiently with his keys waiting for me. I grabbed his hand as we walked outside to the car. He drove me back to the dorms giving me a goodbye kiss.

I walked down the hallway cowardly standing at the door. I took a deep breath before opening it and to my surprise the room was empty. It wasn't long before Jake appeared out the bathroom wrapped in a towel.

He saw me and looked completely unfazed and unbothered.

"Hey," I muttered out.

"Wassup."

"How was your night?" I asked trying to make conversation.

He completely ignored my question looking down at what I was wearing.

"You know I have that same Jersey, Chase and I got those together," he chuckled.

"Oh...that's cool."

"Yeah, I'm totally gonna burn mine now," he shrugged.

I rolled my eyes at his annoying sense of humor, "Jake can you stop."

"Now you want me to stop?" He laughed.

I sighed, brushing my hands through my hair making Jake rush over to me. He grabbed my hand aggressively, studying the ring.

"Um..." I panicked, snatching it away from his grasp.

"So what are you married now?"

"No, it's just a promise ring."

"What did he promise? No more putting his hands on you?"

"Jake that's not funny," I frowned.

"I'm not laughing."

"It's just a promise ring okay?" I sighed.

"Then why is it on you're ring finger, shouldn't it be on the other hand?"

"I don't know, he put it there."

"And you left it there, if it's a promise ring then-"

Before he could finish I quickly snatched the ring off, putting it onto my other hand.