05 major

major (n.) a student's principal subject or course of study.

male lead | female lead

"Hello."

"Hey. It's been a while."

"Sorry."

"Don't apologize. I'm sure you had your reasons."

"That time you called at night. I had to get moving at around one in the afternoon. So I was packing and moving things around. I then had to drive four hours to Toronto. Then I had to move everything inside-it was just a lot. Then school started up."

"Don't worry about it stranger."

". . . Okay."

"What's your major?"

"Biology."

"You want to become a doctor?"

"Pediatrician, yeah."

"That's really cool."

"What about you?"

"Political Science."

"Political Scientist?"

"Haha, no. Lawyer."

"Ah. That's impressive. Why a lawyer?"

"My father was a lawyer and . . . I just want to follow in his footsteps. Besides, his job always interested me."

"That's sweet."

"Why a pediatrician?"

"I like helping people and I find kids to be cute. So I decided why not. Besides, I love studying anything involving science."

"Couldn't be me. I'm pretty sure science and math were the two courses I had in high school, that I always got a B or C on."

"Haha. I wish I could relate. But my mom was extremely strict when it came to keeping up our grades."

"You're lucky though. My parents didn't give two shits about me and my grades."

"Yet you want to follow in your father's footsteps?"

". . . It just seems like the right thing to do."

"That makes sense."

"Hey, I got to get going. My roommates are home and I won't get to properly talk to you."

"Don't worry about it! We can call when you get time."

"What if school gets in the way?"

"We will make time. I am sure of it."