35 clarification

clarification (n.) the action of making a statement or situation less confused and more comprehensible.

chelsea | ivy

"Hi."

"Hi . . . I'm really sorry."

"No, no. It's okay. I mean no, it actually really isn't but you were vulnerable and the lady took advantage of your situation."

"I shouldn't have even said yes. I really do fucking regret it."

"It's okay. I forgive you. Just . . . you were sure that it was Mackenzie right? Like the lady, who gave you the money and told you to do this and this?"

"Yeah. She came up to me. Told me to spray paint that on your dorm. I was going to say no, but she then brought up all of the shit I was going through. Paying cancer bills and all. So, I said yes just for the money. That's all. I didn't even know who you were."

"Okay. That's alright. I just wanted to clarify in person."

"Okay and thank you so much, for everything."

"No problem, Chelsea."

"Who even was that lady?"

". . . My mother."

"Oh . . ."

"Yeah. She's always hated me."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. It's fine. What's done is done."

"Mason really cares about you, you know?"

". . . Really?"

"Yeah. You guys should be together. I don't think I've ever seen him talk so fondly about someone since his father passed away."

"Well thank you. You're really sweet and pretty too."

"Speak for yourself, darling. You're gorgeous."

"Haha. Thank you."

"We're at a coffee shop . . . want to have a coffee? I'll pay."

"You know what . . . yeah, let's do it."