Chapter 11 - What Should Be Done Now (Prelude to the Counterattack, part 3)

--the next morning, and guess what? You get to clean horse shit. Aren't I the sweetest?--

My life is utter shit. Literally.

In a nutshell, Gunther and Eld were too lazy to do their damn jobs, and stuck them on Eren and I. Eren was cleaning the horses, and do you know what job I have? Scooping up the horse shit.

Fuck my life.

"Hey, Eren, is there anyone in your class that plan on joining the scouts? The choosing ceremony is tonight." Eld shouted from his position on a bench, where he was drinking tea and probably laughing internally at my misery.

"Yeah, a few, actually. Though, maybe not anymore...now, I'm not too sure." I rolled my eyes doubtfully at his words and continued to scoop up shit with the small shovel I was given. After Trost, anybody in our graduation class who was aiming for the Scouts have definitely changed their minds. Although, the possibly of losing the friends I spent my teenage years with kind of.....hurts. We're such a big group, and even though I'd never admit it out loud, the guys were like a family to me. Especially Marco, his dorkiness was always my comic relief.

"Assemble! Get your things, we're going on a reconnaissance." Levi who had just showed up, yelled from atop his horse. Eren immediately ran over and saluted my brother while I threw the shovel away and waved at him. "Hey, Captain Shortstack! These assholes were trying to get me to clean horse shit, which was their job!!! I smell filthy." I crinkled my body in disgust.

"First: (Y/N), don't whine. Second: Eld, Gunther, 20 laps around the castle. You do not stick your fucking jobs on someone who had a free day, you arrogant dickholes." Levi muttered while glaring at the two older soldiers disapprovingly. "Eren, (Y/N), let me get this straightened out now. Don't fall more than two lengths behind me. Don't forget that you're allowed to hang around purely because I'm watching you."

I blew a puff of air out of my nose in amusement. Sure, maybe that 'hanging around' thing applied to Eren, but even if I wasn't in his custody, Levi couldn't know I'm in the same regiment as him and not be around me.

"Stop smirking, (Y/N). I know exactly what's going through that pretty little head of yours." He drawled while poking me in the forehead. "Oh please, Heichou. You know its true." I arrogantly flipped my hair, earning a low chuckle from Levi and laughter from Eren. His laugh was cute

--the next morning.--

Eren was cleaning the horse stables while I was enjoying a cup of black tea on the steps. Heh. Although, I stopped gloating when Eren walked out a soon as our friends were walking by.

Wait...friends?!

"GUYS!!!!" I screamed while discarding my cup and running up to them as they turned around at the sound of my voice. I instantly latched myself around Armin and Mikasa. Eren, of course, followed close behind me.

"Its been so long!!!" Eren yelled as soon as I'd let go of them.

"Eren....did they do terrible things to you? Poke around every part of your body?! Torture you psychologically?!?!" She asked worriedly was clutching the Titan Boy's hand. Jeez.

"Mikasa, nothing bad happend." Eren muttered while removing his hand from hers.

"That short twerp is too full of himself...one day, I'll give him what he deserves." She muttered as a dark aura radiated from her body.