Chapter Two 1/2 - That Day (The Fall of Shiganshina, part 2)

Your P.O.V.

As I sat there in the boat with my mother on my left and Armin and his grandfather on my right, there was only one thing I could hear.

Screams.

Loud and clear as day. The only thing that interrupted my thoughts was Armin, who kept looking at the crowd for any sign of Eren or Mikasa.

"Armin, you best have a seat." His grandfather warned. "I will, just keeping an eye out for my other friends....there they are!!" He pointed excitedly at the crowd, causing me turn, stand up, and look also.

I saw them, and they looked like they'd been through hell and back.

Armin was about to yell for them, when he noticed their state of mind. "Eren..." He whispered. "I wouldn't try to call out just now" his grandfather scolded, "give them their space. God only knows what they've just seen."

Armin then proceeded to sit down, pulling me into his embrace in the process. As I lay my head on his shoulder, I close my eyes and think about today's events.

Fifteen minutes later, I'm snapped out of my trance, noticing Eren and Mikasa in front of us. People started to yell, and I saw why.

The boats were taking off, and everyone left on the pier was yelling at the soldiers, begging them to let their children onboard. Why do we get to live, and not them? I thought sadly.

Cannon fire could be heard, and they were all missing their targets.

Then, the footsteps started. Each step making an unbearable pounding as it shook the earth. Each pound happened seconds after the next, sounding like a million titans at once.

The wall broke.

A gigantic 15 meter titan with no skin burst through the wall, leaving a gaping hole.

Wall Maria had been crushed, and in its path, stood the Armored Titan.
It's gone........
--ten minute time skip--

I continued to cry into Armin's shoulder as he held me tightly, trying to calm me down. I saw Eren crying, though he tried to hide it. He suddenly got up and started walking towards the edge of the boat.

Armin and I got up, him trying to put his hand on Eren's shoulder. "What's wrong? You see something?" He politely asked, but Eren just shoved him away. "Eren...!" I raised my voice slightly, offended for Armin, my best friend, who didn't deserve as much as a speck of rudeness.

"I've gotta put a stop to this!!!" Eren angrily yelled through gritted teeth, "I'll kill them all! EVERY LAST ONE!"

"Eren...." Armin sadly whispered as I put my hand on his forearm.

----------------
In terrified haste, the Central Government declared all outlying districts a lost cause, and decreed all mankind retreat behind Wall Rose.
Estimates told that nearly 10,000 lives were lost.

--------------------
--time skip to the next morning in Trost District, Wall Rose--