Chapter One - To You, in 2000 Years (the fall of Shiganshina, part 1)

Year 845, Shiganshina District.
I stared in absolute horror at the sight before me. The wall, the one everyone thought for a century was safe from the monsters we call Titans, was breached. The horrifying, skinless 60 meter titan's head was peering over it. Then, all of a sudden, a large blast came from the gates. Right then and there, in our hearts, we knew, everything changed.

*Your P.O.V., earlier that day*

"Mom! I want to go, I.....I need to go!" I yelled desperately, my (E/C) orbs overflowing with tears. "If SOMEONE doesn't do something, who's going to stop those beasts!?!?!?! Hell, if I stay here, I'd be calling myself cattle!!!" "ENOUGH OF THIS" mother screamed in my face, her (H/C) falling into her eyes. "I ALREADY LOST YOUR FATHER TO THOSE THINGS,  AND I'M NOT GOING TO LOSE MY DAUGHTER, TOO."

I couldn't take it. She just didn't understand. So I ran, as I always did when we had this fight.
--time skip to 30 minutes later--

I walked around the edges of the wall aimlessly, my (H/L), (H/C) blowing in the wind behind me. I was about to pass by the gates when I heard a young voice shouting.

"How do you expect to fight if you're so loose on your feet!?!?!" I heard a young boy, presumably my age, shouting. As I looked towards the source of the sound, I see a boy around eleven, with shaggy brown hair and bright, lively turquoise eyes & a girl with long, black hair and dark gray eyes.

"Huh? Now why would I need to fight...?" The tall, obviously drunk off his ass guard asked him.

"Why do you think!?! What if THEY break through the walls? We'd be sitting ducks on your watch!!!!" The boy continued to yell, obviously getting more agitated by the minute.

"Eren, kid, please." Oh, so that was his name..."use your inside voice." The man scolded him as another guard started pitching in.

"Heh, the doc's kid has some fire in him" the other drunk man said, "listen, the only thing they've done to the wall in the past hundred years is scratch at it. I have a feeling if they get their big heads together and do something else, we'll be more than ready for 'em."

"A FEELING? WHAT HAVE ANY IF YOU ACTUALLY DONE TO BE READY FOR THEM? DAD SAYS YOU'VE GOT TO STAY SHARP!!!"

"Ah, good doctor Jaeger. Yeah, well...can't argue with a man who singlehandedly spared us from the plague, thing is, he's talking about a SCALPEL, what we do isn't half as important. Hey, no disrespect to your father, but a soldier's time beyond the wall kind if tends to put the whole issue into a different perspective. You see them, gropin' around out there, mindless and dead-eyed."

"What..wait a minute...it sounds to me like you don't even think they're all that dangerous."

"Eh."

The boy seemed caught off guard, yet he'd started his yelling again. "OH GREAT! THEN AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY TO STOP CALLING YOURSELF A GARRISON! PEOPLE MIGHT GET THE WRONG IDEA AND THINK YOU ACTUALLY GIVE A DAMN!!!"