Chapter 3 1/2- Dim Light Amid Despair (Humanity's Comeback, part 1)

"Hey! Mutzah!" Shadis yelled in Armin's face.

"Sir!"

"What do they call you, maggot?"

"Armin Arlert from Shiganshina District, sir!"

"Wow, seriously? Why would your parents curse you with such a dumb name?" My fist clenched tightly.

"It was my grandfather, sir!"

"Cadet Arlert, why is a runt like you here?"

"To help humanity overcome the titans!"

"That is delightful to hear! Your going to be a great snack for 'em! Row three, about face, runt!" The awful man yelled as he grabbed the top of Armin's head and spun him around.

He then continued to yell into the faces of other people, me taking mental notes on who they are and their reason for being here.
--time skip for 2 mins because I really don't know what to say--

I kept my face stoic as he passed by Eren, Mikasa, a blonde girl who I later learned was named Annie, and I. He then got up close and personal with a tall boy that slightly resembled a horse.

"What do we have over here?!" He yelled at Horseface.

"Jean Kirstein, sir, from the Trost District!"

"And why are YOU here, cadet?"

"To join the Military Police of course! The best of the best!" Horseface answered with a smug expression.

Thats nice....you want to live in the interior, do ya?"

"Yes!"

Shadis then proceeded to bang his forehead onto Horseface's, causing the boy to fall over in pain. He then walked over to a freckled boy next to Horseface who wouldn't stop smiling.

"What the hell is wrong with your face, you smiling idiot?!"

"Marco Bodt at your service, sir! Chenae, south side of Wall Rose! I intend to join the Military Police and give life and service to the king!"

"Well then.... That makes you an idealistic fool. And a rube. You want the truth? The only use the king has for your life and limbs are as titan fodder." Shadis spat, leaving the once smiling boy in complete shock. He then proceeded to question a boy named Connie Springer, who had his solute backwards. Right fist over heart, left fist behind back, I thought as Shadis lifted him into the air by his temples.

Just then, time seemed to stop as a girl with her long brown hair up in a high ponytail shoved a potato into her mouth.

"Hey, you there, what do you thank you're doin?" Potato Girl continued to ignore him while still shoving the steamed food into her mouth.

"YOU ARE OFFICIALLY ON MY SHIT LIST, JUST WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" he questioned.

She then proceeded to swallow her food and solute, the potato still in hand. "Sasha Brouse from Dauper Village at your service!" She replied.

"Sasha Brouse, huh? And what is that your clutching in your right hand?"

"A steamed potato. It sat in the mess hall begging to be eaten...sir!"

"The theft I understand, but here? Why eat it here of all places?"

"It looked quite delicious, and it was getting cold. So I gave it shelter in my stomach, sir.*