Chapter 7 - Response (Battle of Trost, part 6)

Want to start off with a short A/N. I messed up last chapter, the squad leader is actually Commander Kitz, I had just forgotten his name.
Now, on to the actual chapter.

~~~

Your P.O.V.

I looked up to see what had happend to the others, but found myself, Mikasa, and Armin in the ribcage of a half developed titan.

"Oh, holy shit....." I whispered while unsheathing my blades. "I'm getting him out of there....".

Before Mikasa or Armin could protest, I used my ODM gear to fly up to the nape, only to find it fidgeting grotesquely.

I was going to slice the nape, but Eren's upper half had suddenly sprung from it. "Eren!!! What the hell did you do?!"

"I protected my friends, you idiot!"

"Maybe next time, you'll think of a more rational idea that won't get us annihilated by the entire fucking Garrison Regiment!"

"Bullshit! I saw what you were doing with your nails!

"Yeah, but I had the decency to stop!"

"Oh, screw it. We'll deal with this later. Let's go." I nodded at his response and slid down the right arm of the dissolving Titan, Eren going down the left.

"Armin, Mikasa!" We'd shouted at the same time. "You guys alright?!"

"Eren...how'd you--" "I don't know, but (Y/N) was on the verge of doing the same thing."

"Whatever, Titan Boy! Look, its already starting to dissolve, just like the corpse of a titan. We need to get out of here before the smoke clears." I yelled harshly. "Hard to tell if they're watching and waiting, or just totally dazed. I suppose it doesn't really matter either way. Once the smoke clears, they'll fire another shell at us."

"After seeing this, I think we've blown any chance of reasoning with them." Eren finished for me while fingering that stupid key he always wore around his neck. The way it glinted in the slight sunlight able to pour through this steam caused Eren's eyes to sparkle in a way I couldn't describe.

What color are his eyes, anyway? No one could decide if they were more green, or more blue. I found myself comparing Eren and Armin's eyes. Armin's were beyond words extraordinary, but I don't feel the same about them in the romantic sense as much as I used to....

And, fuck, when we were about to die, Eren told me that he loved me. Eren Jaeger, suicidal maniac of the 104th Cadets, newfound Titan boy........ Why do I feel different around him now? Even by the littlest things he does, the way he laughs, his handwriting, the way his eyebrows furrow when he's annoyed...... I was infatuated with it, and the realization that I was returning it scared me more than the feeling itself.

"Everything rides on that stupid key to your basement, doesn't it?" I questioned softly. "Yeah...it does..." He replied while practically searing holes into me with those goddamn eyes before anger smoldered inside them.

"Why did my father keep this a secret?! Think of how many lives could've been saved if this information hadn't been withheld!!! Is he insane....?"

"Eren!" Mikasa commanded while squeezing his shoulder harshly. "We have other business to deal with." I had almost completely forgotten about the stuff going on around our large bubble of steam inside a dissolving titan.