Chapter 8 - Icon (Battle of Trost, part 7)/Primal Desires (Battle of Trost, p.9)

Your P.O.V.

--later, when the plan is explained--

I took the old cravat out of my pocket and trace the small, black letters stitched into the corner with my fingers. L-A. We don't know what's going to happen, and if I die today, I want to die wearing this. I quickly fastened the cravat around my collar so that the little letters were visible.

Eren lightly elbowed me in my side, just enough to zap me out of my thoughts, and pointed to the Commander, who was telling a story.

"Before the land was controlled by Titans, it's said that humanity fought endless ethnic and ideological wars. Then someone said: 'if a powerful enemy appeared that wasn't human, the human race would come together and stop fighting'. What do you think of that?"

"I wasn't aware of that story." Eren shrugged.

"I think that its oversimplifying things. Its not as profound as it sounds." I mumbled while picking at the dirt underneath my fingernails. Filthy.

"You're just like me. You've got a twisted personality." I snorted slightly at the Commander's backhanded compliment.

"I feel that way because even though that powerful enemy has us on the brink, we've hardly come together as one."

Silence.

"You're right. Its about time we united. Fighting takes its toll..."

We were walking past a cannon station, where we found (surprise surprise) Mr. Hannes.

"Huh?! Eren? (Y/N)? you're okay..." He whispered, barely audible.

Eren and I glanced at each other before signalling to Hannes to focus on his damn job. Serves him right.

"Hey Eren? When all of this blows over, can I talk to you? Privately?" I asked. If the boy was expecting to confess his love for me, and then not mention that he had later on, then he is more dense than I thought.

"Uhm, sure, I guess...." He spoke nervously and without his usual arrogance.

"Want some?" Pixis offered while holding his flask out to Eren and i. I refused by furiously shaking my head, but Eren tried it.

"I'll try it!" He sipped some, then spit it out over the wall as I doubled over laughing.

--*spongebob narrarator* 2 minutes later--

We'd finally reached our destination, the part of the wall facing the town's square, where over 300 soldiers were waiting. Before Pixis started, Eren walked over to Pixis' right side, while I remained on the left.

The Commander cleared his throat before letting out an ear splitting scream. "ATTENTION!!!!!!".

"I will now explain the plan to reclaim Trost District! Our objective for the plan's success is to seal the hole in the broken gate! As for how we will seal the hole, let me start by introducing this man and woman: Eren Jaeger and (Y/N) (L/N) of the Cadet Corps!" Eren and I both stepped forward and saluted. "They are the successful products of our top-secret experiments to create human Titans! They both are able to create the essence of a Titan body and control it at will. After transforming into Titan form, Eren will lift that huge boulder near the front gate and carry it to the destroyed gate to plug the hole. (Y/N), also in titan form, will be defending and protecting him from other titans as he plugs the hole. Your job is to do the same as her. If we can gather enough of you into a corner, the titans should follow you instead of Eren. This way, a good majority of soldiers do not need to slay the titans. Once we've lured them, we can use our cannons to destroy them without incurring human casualties.