The Fire - Part 2

Kukki was standing in the middle of the washroom with Sneha trying to get her cleaned up when the light flickered the first time. Kukki let it go thinking it to be a power cut or something similar. But then it flickered again only for all the lights to go off; they both were left standing in complete darkness. Suddenly Sneha started shouting

"Yayyyyyy yayyyyy balloooooo cake mumma budddddaaaaaaa" Sneha said clapping her hands and then suddenly went silent putting a finger on her lips just like Kukki had done last night while planning Prerna's surprise. This made Kukki laugh hysterically.

"Snehu haan yeh ek aur surprise hain hamara. Abhi se practice karlo. Or Maybe mumma and papa are trying to surprise us instead." Kukki said, thinking and smiling to herself.

"Lekin woh nahin jante that I am their daughter. Snehu meri baat dhyan se suno tum yahin pe rehna ok. Statue!!!!. Kukki di abhi wapis aayegi. Darogi to nahin?" Kukki said quietly and Sneha smiled and nodded her head.

"Sneha yeh kukki di gayi bathroom se bahar'' Kukki kept giving little details of all her actions on top of her voice as she didnt want Sneha to get scared being all alone in the bathtub and was instead going to surprise her parents who were thinking that they would surprise her. She very carefully watched her steps while moving towards her study table. She was sure there was a power bank with a torch. "They must be in the hall or maybe just outside our room waiting for us hoping that we will shout being scared and come out running and then they will get to surprise us." Thought Kukki as she giggled to herself. On her way she accidentally hit her legs on some small legos of Sneha and got angry on herself.

"Ab Samajh main aaya mumma hamesha kyun chilati thi ki clean your room!!!!! clean your room!!!!" Kukki said irritatingly

Finally she reached her table and was able to find the power bank. She quickly switched it on and pointed it towards Sneha, who shouted in excitement finally being able to see her sister. Kukki quickly placed a finger on her mouth and asked her to come towards her. The little girl happily giggled and complied.

"Ab meri baat dhyan se suno humlog room se bahar jayenge and then we will shout "Surprise!!!!!!! Okay!!!!" Kukki said, giving a thumbs up and Sneha clapped happily. Kukki went towards the door holding Sneha's hands. She hid the power bank in her pocket so the light would get dim.

"1.......2.........3................" kukki shouted opening the door but suddenly she heard a big blast and was thrown back with Sneha. They both fell to the ground because of an unknown impact. It felt as if someone had pushed them with all their might. Kukki who was shivering and shaking badly was extremely shocked. Yet she got up to check on Sneha.

"Snehu!!!! Snehu!!!!! Aap theek ho!!!???? Aapko chot to nahin aayi" Kukki asked, checking her from head to toe.

"Kudi Mumma buddddaaaaa buuuuummmmmmmm patakheeeee" Sneha said and started clapping her hands. For once Kukki was relieved that Sneha didn't know what had just happened. For her the loud bang was their mother's birthday crackers. But Kukki knew that it was no such thing and was getting scared minute by minute thinking of what had just happened.

"Sneha phir se statue.... statue..... khele???? Haan??? Statue banke yahin khadi rehna .....main...... main....... dekh ke aati hoon..... aur.....aur..... Kitne pa..... patakhe hain... Okay????" Kukki asked and Sneha nodded. Kukki left the power bank in the room so that Sneha did not get scared. Kukki with her shaking legs opened the door and tried going outside but she was shocked to see that the complete ground floor was suddenly blazing with fire. The monstrous fire was everywhere; the kitchen, the hall everywhere and it was swallowing everything like a wildfire. Kukki put a hand on her mouth suppressing her tears and cried loudly for Saba.