The Challenge

Once the kids were asleep, they went to their room and tired were lying on their bed and Rishab moved Prerna near him.

"By the way mera gift"

"Rishab, yaad mat dilaye mujhe I am too tired and who pata nahin kyun maine Shivani ki baat man li. Mujhse"

"Don't listen to Shivani and I love you the way you are." Prerna sat bolt right on his bed. "Ek min aap kya bol rahin hain ki I am boring but you still love me" Rishab sat up beside her. Rishab looked at her confused.

"Apne wahi kaha that you love me the way I am"

"Prerna?"

"Sorry!!You are right and it's our anniversary I don't want to fight. And I don't need to do all this you make up for all" Rishab looked at her confused and Prerna was surprised that she had said it so she kept on blaberring. "Haan to aur nahin to kya bolu aap satate hain mujhe. I, I don't need to do anything like this because no matter what you are always .... Main main prove kar sakti hoon that its always you who first..."

"Really? Aap sentence pura nahin kar pa rahin hain to what I do – fill in the blanks -- and you will prove."

"Really check kar lete hain one week and let's see who breaks down first".

"And what do I get after I win?"

"I will wear the same gown and what do you mean by I win I will win and you will do as I ask"

"Really?" He went very quietly near prerna making Prerna shocked and whispered into her ear "Done" and then slightly rubbed his unshaven cheek to her cheek making Prerna shiver and left from there to the washroom. Prerna realised what had just happened and throw a pillow at his retreating figure.

"You......" as Rishab left and prerna went and stood infront of mirror.

"I will prove it I will prove to Rishab Bajaj." And the realization hit her what she had just done.

"Maine Mr Bajaj ko challenge kiya. I just challenged Rishab Bajaj. Log pair pe khuladi marte hain maine khuladi per pair mar liya. Nahin no I can do this. kyun nahin I will I can do this"

The next few days were heaven for Rishab Bajaj. My wife had tried everything and I must say everything and I had to exercise a lot of strength. He didn't know how much time it will take her more to break or who will break first but one thing is for sure that his wife was not boring in anyway.

Prerna waited and waited until 3 days trying to look her best wearing all his favorite clothes and colours and hoping he will break but he didn't and he had the stupid smirk on his face every time he looked at her and she had had enough and and she missed him. He had just come home after 1 week. Why did she put up this challenge? But she cannot think about this, she cannot lose so she had to attack.

Strike 1

This was kind of a tried and tested formula.She had seen it all daily soaps. She chose a shirt and took out all buttons.She had planned it well. She had got Sneha and Kukki to choose his shirt which she knew he will wear no matter what. She went into the shower and came out all fresh with wet hair trying to dry it through the towel, a red saree and hair dishelved everywhere. She took her own time to dry the hair in front of him.She tried to put her bindi but Rishab was there to do it for her.

"Yeh to kar sakta hoon" Rishab and prerna kept looking at one another. He tucked a strand disturbing her face behind her ears and started to leave as he had to fight with himself to stop himself from kissing her then and there.

"Are buttons. Shirt ke buttons tute hue hain. Rukiye Main laga deti hoon"

Rishab was surprised and sighed in the next moment, Prerna she knows how to plan but just doesn't know how to hide. The small little smirks say. Prerna came and started fixing the buttons and did that for the next few minutes making herself as slow as possible looking into his eyes and Rishab stood like a log. Had he not been playing the game and knew it was a plan he would definitely be missing office today but no it was a plan.Just as she was about to finish, he went very close and Prerna looked straight at him giving a winning smile. He moved all her hair to another end and blowing on some of the water droplets on her neck, she closed her eyes and her hand unknowingly went to grab his shirt collar and unaware of what just happened stood like a statue for some more minutes. Rishab very quietly took the needle out of her hand and placed it on table and he just said – "Prerna sare buttons ho gaye" and left from there. Prerna came out of her trance and fuming went to change.