My Shadow

Prerna was looking at her wedding photographs. She had wanted a proper photo album. Shivani had teased her saying that who keeps photo albums nowadays but she wanted those moments captured beautifully and Rishab had fulfilled that. There were beautiful moments in them. Kukki had stood in front of the car demanding that Rishab stop and allow her to dance and she had danced nonstop with everyone for half an hour whilst Rishab had stood and watched of course. A very small moment when Rishab had unknowingly matched her on a step.Her nervous walk, Rishab had helped on the steps, the varmala where nobody picked anyone and they were just showered the love and flowers. Her mother had done the kanyadaan and the amazing moment when Rishab with complete devotion had held her hand to never leave it. Whether the sindoor daan or each phera where they had pledged themselves to each other hand in hand this this was the man she had married and he cannot do what everyone believed. He never used her to get back at Basus then how could he. Why why had she got angry at him so much why had she had so much to drink why did she let her jealousy take over.But she will fix this she will fix this anyhow no matter what she had to do.

Rishab came home that night and went straight to the study. He poured himself a drink and finished it in one shot. Nitya's words echoed in his head and so did Mr Bose's. There was a large mirror in the study and he stood in front of it and another younger self of him was smirking at him."Kya socha tha ki tumhare dhoke khatam. Kaha tha maine don't trust anyone you didn't listen" and Rishab broke the glass in anger with his hands and blood oozed out of it in an instant but he kept hitting until it was broken. Why was he always back to square one, Nitya Menaka Mr bose everyone why was everyone so sure that he doesn't deserve this life. His kid his own kid? Was it a boy or a girl? He would never know never ever. Why did no one trust him? He had thought Prerna will but no she will she will she will she will she will she has to? She knows me she knows Rishab" but somebody from behind said "she already doesn't" and Rishab threw something at that direction as well and threw all the stuff flying from the table.

That night Rishab didn't come to meet Kukki and Sneha and Prerna was surprised at this. She called Mr Mehra and even he didn't know. Prerna tried calling his phone but it was not reachable. He called at Bajaj mansion and the staff said that he came home early and has been in study since then. Didn't know why but Prerna ran to Bajaj Mansion and the staff was standing in the hall scared.

"Kya hua hain Chandu. Shab kaha hain?"

"Pata nahin mam study main the aur kuch der se kuch tootne ki awaaz aa rahi hain"

"To aap log andar kyun nahin gaye" and she ran inside the study.Study was literally ransacked there were glass pieces and she could see some blood on a mirror. Then he saw Rishab, his hand hurt and a drink in his other hand as if unaware of the blood flowing.

"Kya kar rahin hain, kya kiya haan kya kiya apne, kyun kiya. First aid box first aid box" she went to the drawer and took one out. She then took some cotton and antiseptic and tried to clean his hands.

"Kitna khun beh raha hain Rishab. Aap sun rahin hain kya kiya hain yeh aapne. Rishab" and forced his face to look at her. "Kya hua?" and for the first time after a long time Prerna was scared of him from the anger in his eyes and for a moment she stepped back but Rishab grabbed her by her arms and made her near him forcefully. His blood-stained hands were grabbing her and he tried to come close to her. Prerna could smell the drinks that he had had and Prerna turned her face away he with a bit of force turned her to look at him as if asking "Why?" and then caressed her face from the same blood-stained hands.She wanted to run but she wanted to stay she was glued to the spot she was scared but she was surprised at herself that she was scared for him for what had happened that he was like this today. And then suddenly he saw himself standing in the back of Prerna and that someone smirked on him "She is scared of you".He grabbed her again with force but saw fear in her eyes and shocked and jerked her away, and she fell on the ground. He took the vase near him and threw it at the wall.