The Cracks

Mr Bose and Mr bajaj spent their time playing with Sneha and Kukki. Kukki had a project to draw the solar system and Mr Bajaj was helping her out with it and Playing with Sneha at the same time. Suddenly Kukki got up and stood in front of Mr Bose who was watching something on television.

"You know how to colour?" showing her crayons.

"Yes,kind of?"

"Then stop watching tv and make yourself useful." And she gave her the crayons and made him color half of the solar systems. Mr Bose started doing and Rishab made a face told you.

After sometime Kukki was complaining about stomach ache and Rishab called the doctor immediately. His fear was confirmed that it was the stomach bug. Rishab spent the entire day cleaning vomit and changing her and trying to make her relaxed. She had asked once for Prerna but he made excuses that mom is on the way and then Kukki was fast asleep and she didn't ask for her. He had the urge to tell Prerna when she called but he could she was already stressed and what is the point. It's nothing serious it's the stomach bug it will fix itself there is no point of troubling her. Plus, he had the nanny and staff so he let it go.Around 6 am next morning he was able to get both the girls to properly sleep.

He was having coffee and was somewhat sad as this is the first time, they were missing the morning coffee ritual. He was also concerned as they would at least video call each other but she hadn't called. He let it go thinking she might becoming back so network issues or something and even he was dead tired. He was about to go and have a nap when Mr Bose came.

"You should have called Prerna. Kukki needed her."

"It was not necessary aur main tha unke paas. It was just the stomach bug. Agar kuch serious hota I would have called"

"I don't understand why she needs to do this. They both need her they are way too small. She can do this after some years"

"Come on Uncle please. I know you are concerned about Kukki but she is fine now. Kukki theek hain aur Prerna bhi aanewali hogi. I need to take a nap before the girls wake up because I am dead tired and you should too. We all are tired." And Rishab went to take a nap. He woke up around 9 am to find Prerna still had not come. He tried calling her and when she didn't reply he was worried. He didn't want to leave the girls alone at home. Just then Prerna called and he informed Rishab that she was at the police station. He was surprised and asked for the address. Mr Bose said they should go but Rishab was just not comfortable leaving them completely alone so he asked Shivani to come and as soon as she came, he left for the police station.

He reached the police station in record time. Mr Mehra was already there and was taking care of everything. As soon as Prerna saw him she got up to go towards him but was stopped by a lady cop while she kept pleading. She was asked to go sit with some other people. She had a mild cut on her arm just the sight of her like this threw Rishab off the edge.

He didn't even wait for the inspector or the lady inspector took Prerna aside covered Prerna with his jacket and took Prerna out from there and when they objected that the papers are not ready, he gave him one glare which was enough to shut them down completely. They were about to get inside the car when the media crowded them and Rishab and Mehra both were surprised as to how they knew about this.But he knew soon the clients, he knew they were problematic but to go to this extent. He will handle them tomorrow right now she needed to take Prerna home as she was dead scared. As soon as they were in the car Rishab hugged her without caring about the fact that they were not alone in the car and kept assuring her that everything will be ok.

They reached home and as soon as they went inside, Prerna was sure something is wrong. I mean there were no games anywhere near the dining table and the television was of with no carpets or rug.