And They are Together

At Kolaghat

Prerna had just reached the location and was inspecting the land. It was a very beautiful piece of land because of the greenery all around. It was not too far from the city nor it was too near. It was located at the right place and all the necessary amenities were also very close. Prerna could literally picture the orphanage in front of her eyes. But there was something that didn't feel correct to Prerna. She thought "Why would someone sell such a good piece of land for such a low price?" The owner could have easily tripled the amount and would have gotten much more than the selling price. Also Prerna was quick to notice that the owner was trying extremely hard to please her. Prerna might have not been that experienced in this field of business but her common sense poked her telling that something was extremely wrong.

"Mrs Bajaj I think it is better if we sign this deal and get it over with." Mr Chaterjee said, putting a fake smile which didn't go unnoticed by Prerna.

"Mr Chaterjee itni bhi kya jaldi hai. Main aaj sirf plot dekhne aayi hoon. Let me discuss with my investors and then I can confirm you." Prerna said

"Mrs Bajaj is plot ki keemat kya hain aap jaanti hain?" Mr Chaterjee said

"Aur phir bhi aap mujhe ⅓ rate main bech rehain hain. Chal kya raha hain Mr Chaterjee ?" Prerna said

"I guess maine galat socha tha. Mujhe laga aap ke husband ki tarah aapka bhi business sense acha hai par I was wrong. If he would have seen this deal he would have plunged on it" Mr Chaterjee said

"Aap kabhi Mr Bajaj se mile nahin hain. Right?" Prerna said smiling

"Kai baar in fact" Mr Chaterjee said. This hit the final nail in the coffin for Prerna who quickly understood that something was definitely wrong and she required to leave then and there. Just then her phone rang and she saw it was Mr Bajaj. Prerna angrily cut the call but Mr Bajaj kept on calling her and she kept on disconnecting. After a few tries Mr Mehra called and Prerna quickly answered the call.

"Mrs Bajaj you are required to leave right now from there" Mr Mehra said in a flustered tone

"What's going on?" Prerna asked, perplexed.

"Aap jo land dekhne gayi hain woh disputed land hain. Ek politician ki nazar hain uspe. Leave from there immediately before it gets out of hand. " Mr Mehra explained

"Oh!!! alright" Prerna said and disconnected the call immediately.

"Main chalti hoon Mr Chaterjee. Aapko kal call karungi confirming my decision" Prerna said and started moving towards the car leaving behind a very tensed Mr Chaterjee as his plan to get rid of the land was failing miserably. Prerna was midway to her car when 5 people appeared out of blue and started arguing with Mr Chaterjee.

"Chaterjee kyun apne pair pe kulhadi mar rahe hoon jab jante hoon ke bade sahab ko yeh plot chahiye. On top of it you are fighting a court case against it" One of the goons said. It didn't take Prerna much time to understand that they were local goons. She didn't pay any attention and kept moving towards the car.

"Aur yeh madam kaun hain?" said one of the other goons while checking out Prerna. He whistled in a very dirty way.

"Tumse matlab?? Aur yeh land mera hain main kuch bhi karo tum logo ko kya?" Chaterjee retaliated. Prerna was fidgeting with her keys trying to get into the car when one of the goons came and stood near her leaning on the car.

"Are madam aap kaha ja rahin hain?" The goon said while trying to touch Prerna.

"Haath mat lagana aur hatho mere raaste se'' Prerna shouted, jerking his hand away and quickly sat in the car and locked the door. She ignited the engine and sighed with relief as it came to life but before she could back the car it skidded. Trying to get the car into control Prerna banged it into the trees nearby. She realised that her tyres were already punctured. She quickly grabbed her phone and the pepper spray that she usually kept with her. She dialed Mr Mehra.