The Fire - Part 1

There at Bajaj Mansion Saba opened the door to find Mr Bose standing at the door with a gift and a bouquet of flowers. Saba was surprised to see him there.

"Mr. Bose aap???" Saba questioned but Mr Bose didn't pay any heed and entered the house.

"Is this how you greet guests? How did the Bajaj's hire you?" Mr Bose replied back. Saba didn't want to create a scene and upset Kukki so she tried to handle the situation.

"I am only here to meet Kukki," Mr Bose said and started moving towards the girl's room but was stopped by Saba.

"I am sorry Mr Bose but I cannot allow you to meet Kukki and that too in the absence of Mr and Mrs Bajaj." Saba answered. Mr Bose fisted his hands trying to control his anger. This was not the time for these petty fights. He had more important things to take care of.

"Rishab ya Prerna dono nahin hain ghar pe?" Mr Bose taunted, acting surprised, and looking around everywhere. Saba was quick to notice what he was trying to do.

"Mrs Bajaj ka birthday hain aaj. Pehli bachiyon ke saath celebrate kiya aur ab dinner pe gaye hain. Main hoon ghar pe that is what I am hired for isn't it?" Saba replied back. Just then Chandu came with a glass of water as it was done whenever a guest came but he was shocked to see Mr Bose there and that too after the scene last night. Mr Bose took the glass of water and kept on smiling wickedly.

"Celebrations???" Mr Bose said looking around the house.

"Har koi aapki tarah lavish party nahin deta hain. I thought you knew the Bajaj's." Chandu replied meekly but full of sarcasm. "Fine!!! I will wait. Mujhe Rishi se kuch important kaam hain aur Main aa hi gaya hoon to Prerna wish karke chala jaunga." Mr Bose said. Saba was about to say something when Mr Bose showed her a hand interrupting her.

"Don't worry I will not go and meet Kukki. I will just sit here and wait. Chandu!!! Ek coffee. I think you know how I like it." Mr Bose said again smiling wickedly and Chandu irritatedly left from there followed by Saba.

"Yeh!!!! Yeh!!!!! Pagal aadmi kyun aa jata hain baar baar yahan pe. Jab bhi yeh aata hain is ghar main jaroor kuch kaand hota hain. Man to karta hain iski coffee main kuch mila do..... Sara ka sara kissa khatam ek baar main." Chandu said, banging a pot of water on the stove.

"Yeh aaj achanak yaha kyun aaye hain? Mujhe kuch theek nahin lag raha hain." Saba asked, confused.

"Tamasha dekhne aur kya. Kuch.... hua hain..... Mam aur sir ke beech main." Chandu avoided Saba's gaze as she was looking at him confused. "Kal Mam ne dinner plan kiya tha sir ke liye. Jab bhi unka aisa special occasion hota hain hume free main chutti mil jati hain. Par kal achanak Mam ne bula kar kaha sab clear karne ko. Sab kuch waise ka waisa pada hain fridge main. Issike wajah se!!! kal bhi aaya tha aur aaj phir aaya hain apna tamasha pura karna. Saba mam ya sir se baat karo. Unhe bilkul acha nahin lagega ki unki absence main humne inhe ghar ke andar allow bhi kiya. Upar se Sneha aur Kukki ghar par hi hain. Please !!!! Main coffee banata hoon." Chandu said

"Theek hain main bachiyon ke saath hoon. Kuch kaam hoga to bulana mujhe." Saba tried calling Prerna but her phone was not reachable and she was surprised. It had never happened. She was getting worried for Mrs Bajaj. If Chandu iwas right and Mr and Mrs Bajaj had a fight, Mr Bajaj may not know where Mrs Bajaj was. Mrs Bajaj could be in trouble. She had to inform Mr Bajaj. She found the girls playing happily in their room.

"Kukki tumhari mam se baat hui kya? Main kabse unka phone try kar rahin hoon lekin unreachable aa raha hain." Saba said to Kukki

"Nahin maasi meri to nahin hui. Aur mumma hain kaha? Bol ke gayi thi lunch tak aa jayengi abhi tak nahin aai?" Kukki said and Saba was getting worried.