Celebrations

It was our third anniversary celebration and life are going crazy. Yes, crazy between being a mother of two, a 8 year old going on 13 years and a 2 year old Sneha. Plus right now am working on my business – small event management company that I opened with my mother and sister. Mr Bajaj was happy with the idea and I was surprised that he didn't say that he will help me if needed. He very nicely said Somethings we learn on our own. I go to the kids' room and both my daughters are sound asleep. I still get scared sometimes looking at them thinking I could have lost them both. The liver transplant marks still scare me when I see them at Kukki's and Sneha's body. Scare me and also make me proud of our family.

Looking at what we went through we decided no big celebrations. We held a small puja at our house and did the naamkaran of Sneha. She takes that beautiful picture of both sisters on Kukki's desk and smiles. My phone rings and I run out of the room to not wake them up

"So gayi hain dono, go to room and sleep" Mr Bajaj

"Rishab so gayi thi main awaaz aai thi room se to main" Prerna

"Right?"Mr Bajaj

"Aap kab pahuch rahin hain? It's been a week"

"I am sorry but it will take 2-3 more days, merger is taking time"

"Rishab" but she also knew that he would not have delayed if there would have been no work. Especially on this day. Prerna looked at a packet kept in the cupboard,she was kind of sad and relieved to not having to open it today. Then she started picking out something to change and unknowingly she picked the one that she usually wore when Rishab came back from trips.

"Prerna are you listening to me?"

"Haan yahin hoon. Its ok it must be important" and she looked at it longingly

"See you soon"

"Bye and please take care and no"

"Yes,yes I know"

She took the gown in her hand and stood in front of the mirror and trying it on herself.

"What's the point? I should just wear the comfortable night suit. Sneha and Kukki would be waking up now and then. The gown would have felt better though"

"So much better" she heard from her back and dropped the gown as she found her husband in front of her. Seeing him standing in front of him Prerna's mind stopped. Prerna tried to run from there but Rishab ran after her and tried to get her to stop and after many hits and misses he finally caught her and caged her in her arms.

"Chodiye aur Aap kab aaye" Prerna

"You actually thought ki main aaj ka din miss karonga. I missed you and I am in mood for games tonight." Her Rishab was usually not expressive but when he was it meant big trouble for her.

They were eating in the balcony and Mr Bajaj was listening to prerna talk about her business. He had to excise a lot amount of strength to show the mistakes that she might be making like the current project he knew that the client was disgusting when it comes to money. He had tried to give a hint that they should do a background check but she was so happy that she had let it go so she will have to learn on her own. He will be there when she fails but he cannot become her crutches.

Just then Prerna tapped him on his shoulder and woke him out of the thoughts. She went and sat on his lap. He still had trouble believing that he had this beautiful family now and was married to this amazing woman that he was not alone.

"MrBose kaise hain?" Menaka had passed away a year ago in a car accident and her father has been sick for some time. So Rishab had reached out to him and they usually visited him once and twice with Kukki.